Timeline: Task Interaction

Related products: None

Would be great to be able to interact with tasks more in Timeline.  So, currently, I can only mark a task as completed.  Would be great for that section to expand and show the current fields on the task so that more info could be included without having to leave Timeline.

Example: We have an activity type for Training.  One of my follow up tasks for for a completed training is to check on usage a week after the training.  I would like to be able to add a description of what that usage looked like as well as marking the follow up as completed.
This makes sense.  My question is whether you see a danger in complicating the Timeline interface.  Cockpit and Timeline are different and I worry about recreating Cockpit inside Timeline.  Do you share that concern?
Hi Karl,

I was definitely thinking about that too.  I don't think we'd necessarily want to recreate everything from the task layout in Cockpit, but maybe just the description field?
That make sense to me.  The Task Description is in the spirit of Timeline -- kind of notes about the specific Followup that is needed. 
My team also love timeline! especially that tasks show in the Cockpit. It would be great to be able to change the type. It currently defaults to Account Mgmt unless I am missing some setup on the admin side. 

My team would also like the ability to add task description from within the timeline layout. Any further consideration for this, @karl_rumelhart? Thank you!

Thanks.  Highlighting this input for @nitisha_rathi 

My team also love timeline! especially that tasks show in the Cockpit. It would be great to be able to change the type. It currently defaults to Account Mgmt unless I am missing some setup on the admin side. 

Hi Maya,

You can change the default CTA type used while creating tasks/ CTAs from Timeline in Cockpit admin settings. Would this solve your use-case?

@maya_peterson did u get a chance to view the comments posted by @nitisha_rathi 

@maya_peterson did u get a chance to view the comments posted by @nitisha_rathi 

We would like the task description to be editable from the timeline. Our use case: when creating the tasks when logging a timeline activity, the task name itself is not always enough. We should be able to add the description to store links and additional info. The current flow is that the CTA and tasks are created, but then you have to go find those and add the task descriptions, which defeats the purpose of being able to create them from within the activity anyway.

@mindym Interesting call out. We will look into the possibilities of enhancing it in mid-term to long-termand will keep you updated about the status.