Timeline External Attendees Does Not Sync to Follow Up Tasks

Related products: None

I wasn't able to find another Community post regarding this so thought I would post this as an Idea. 

A few of our CSMs have complained that when they log a Timeline Activity, link an "External Attendee" to the activity, and then create a follow up Task from that Timeline post. That the newly generated CTA in Cockpit does not automatically sync the External Attendee from Timeline to the 'Contacts' in the CTA detail window of Cockpit

This would greatly speed up CSM workflow as they don't have to immediately go into Cockpit to sync the contact, which they just did when creating the Timeline Activity. Especially if they do not get to that new CTA for a couple of days and by then might have forgotten which contact this was associated with. 

I know that some of the times, the linked contact in the Timeline Activity might not be the same contact for the follow up task. But, more often than not, the follow up task is usually related to the contacts linked in the External Attendees section. I know this would increase CSM efficiency and reduce any sort of confusion they are experiencing between Timeline and Cockpit. 

So, it would be great if this either happened automatically or if they could select the option of having the contacts sync from the Timeline window. 
Great idea, Manmeet. Added to the roadmap.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Awesome, thank you Nitisha! Will this be expected in 2018?
Yes, we will try to implement it soon.
Hi Nitisha,

Is there any update on this request? Is it on the short term road map? Thanks again!