Timeline CTA Tasks

Related products: None

This might be just me, but we're looking at transitioning our team from leaving notes about a CTA in the Comments section to creating a Timeline post.  My main concern is that we have time to close metrics on some CTAs, and when they create follow up tasks via Timeline, it attaches them to the same CTA.  So, if I don't remember to close the CTA before adding my follow up tasks, my time to close for that CTA will keep on ticking.  

I was thinking it might be good to still relate that post to the CTA, but create a new Activity CTA for the Notes/Follow up.  That would mean multiple CTAs in the Cockpit, but still only one Timeline post.

Not sure that's the best solution.  Any suggestions on how to best do this so it doesn't affect our metrics negatively?
Hey, How often this use-case happens?

If we give an option to create a new CTA for follow-up tasks instead of adding them to the same CTA, would it work for you?
It happens frequently with our EBRs.  I think your option would definitely help streamline some.
I was just about to write a post for this same thing because we have a similar use case.  

Can this get converted to an Idea?
So, we're already having issues with this in UAT and we're not even live yet.

If changing this to create a new CTA for follow up tasks would take too long to develop - can we at least get the ability to disable the Add Tasks function?

Many of our onboarding CTAs are time sensitive and no matter how many times we explain this, there are going to be folks that forget or get confused.   It impacts the workflow. 

This is exactly what I was trying to get to on here:

https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/convert-cta-task-to-a-to-do-cta-38527?postid=43318#post43318

Didn’t quite catch that this was the exact issue that we are currently running into when we implemented core activity playbooks. Lets not get started with the Email Assist Email Attachment limitations. ;)

Would be a great update to the CTA & Timeline interaction for the users of Gainsight.

Hi,
I acknowledge this ask and will add it to the roadmap list. But, because of other high-priority items, I don't see it coming in the near term or mid-term.