Change number data types to Percentage or Currency

Related products: None

With the new data types available in the MDA, we now have the need to update existing data to these new field types for clean and easy to read reporting of revenues and various items that are a % value. The issue that we are running into is that there are not enough unique identifiers to write a rule to move data to a new data type and deleting all our data (well over millions of lines) and reloading it is also not feasible or scale-able for whenever enhancements are made. We also have an instance were we were receiving a value in the full % but when trying to move the data to a new data type of %, the value of 100 moves to 10,000%.

To really make use of these new data types and any future enhancements, there needs to be the capability to: 

1. Migrate data to a new data type where applicable (i.e. Number to Percent, Number to Currency). 

2. The ability to determine if you data is already displayed in a % or if it needs to be x100 to get to the %. 
Without this type of flexibility and with the ever expanding amount of data that is being added, I do not see how updates to the MDA would be scale-able without this flexibility. 
Hi Samantha, 

Thanks for your valuable feedback!

For fields with percentage as data type, MDA will handle the use cases if you have a% of the value or the decimal value

Example: For 10% the values acceptable at ingest levels are 10% or 0.1

But if you are receiving the value as 10 for 10%, Please create a formula field as a workaround for now.We will enhance the percentage data type to handle this use case also.

We will also look into feasibility to migrate data to a new data types as applicable
Hi Samantha, I've started going through all of the unanswered and pending posts and started redirecting them to product team.

Since its working as designed, changing this to an Idea post and redirecting this to our product team. 

Thanks for posting!