The ability to change the "FROM" email address when using the email assist feature

Related products: None

We are continuing to see a marked increase for the need to be able to change the "FROM" email address when you are using the email assist feature in cockpit. 

Perhaps the most pressing use case occurs when have to white label for a subdomain. Given that the email assist feature looks only at the currently logged in user we find our selves in the position where these emails are going out without proper white-labeling in place and this can cause a decrease in the probability of a successful delivery.

In addition to this, customers would like the ability to have the email come from the assignee of the task itself irrespective of who triggers the email.  
Hi Seth,

Not sure why you are not able to access the post, its still available, can you try by Signing-Out and Signing-In again? 
I get the same error Seth gets and I have logged in/out multiple times.

Jeff, the issue is that those features allow me to change the [i]domain of the email address, but I can't change anything [i]before the '@' in the email address.

Hitesh, what's the name of the category that the post was moved into? Is it an employees-only category?
@Seth, i see that the post above is restricted, may be that is one of the reason, however i have forwarded the issue to our community manager, and this issue should be resolved soon for you 🙂
@Jeff and @Seth - Could you both check whether you are able to access the post now?Please let me know if you any issues in access the post.
Success! Thank you, Sai.
@Seth that is the exact issue we are having. We don't want to change the domain, we want to change the prefix.