The 2 MB attachment limit on Email Assist is very limiting.

Related products: None

Although the total size of the attachments can be 10 MB in an Email Assist, each attachment cannot cross 2MB. This limit is too small for any pptx/ppt type of documents that tend to be very common artifacts one shares with their customers.

Can product consider increasing the limit? Anyone else feeling the pinch?

Hi Meenal,

We are analyzing this as discussed. I'll keep you posted. Changing it to idea post. Thanks! 

Thanks Piyush and team!

We're encountering struggles with this now with one of our brands as well. How is this looking in terms of increasing the size limit?

Hi All,

After developing standardized playbooks I found I am going to have to scrap most of the Email tasks due to this limitation. A CSR or Business Review deck can be 30-60 slides that compress to a 2-5MB file. Not being able to send this as an attachment renders the Email Assist functionality useless.

Please consider removing the Per Attachment limitation of 2 MB. I acknowledge that there should be an overall limit of 10MB, but not a per attachment limit.

@dan_ahrens 

Hello All,

I saw this post recently, i will update you all about the analysis details in a week.

@chethana — Thank you.  2MB is a very limited limit.  I get a limit of 5 attachments; total of 10MB (which is also frugal to a degree).  To note, when a Customer Success Review PowerPoint Deck is converted to a PDF post CSR meeting we end up with an average file size of 1.8MB - 3.7MB based on complexity. I could assume that others have similar needs.

We want to leverage Email Assist in our Playbooks.  Today I have a copy/paste email template in the task description to use in Outlook. Not ideal & and bad look on my best practice recommendation.  

Just wanted to say it in case it needed to be stated.  

Thanks,

DB

Any idea on estimates on this one…. 

We are about to pull Email Assist out of our playbook designs…. 

Any updates on the ability properly to utilize the documented 10MB limit would be helpful in keeping our email template work in production. 

Hello @davebrown2242 

We are checking some options to support this. i will keep you posted about the details.

@chethana hello, we are also struggling with the Email Assist size limit and may need to scrap some CTAs due to this limitation. For ex. Once a deal is moved to closed won my team is responsible for the initial setup of the customers account which includes sending details on the customer and contract to our services team. From there, our services team assigns an implementation lead and sends a welcome email to the client with times for a kickoff call. I created a ‘New Client Setup’ CTA and Playbook for this process. Using the email assist and tokens I was able to automate a lot of the details my team sends to our services - which was a huge win and timesaver. However, in many cases Gainsight will not allow us to attach the contract due to the size limit. Before I scrap the this process I was hoping to get an update on increasing the attachment size. 

@chethana following up on my post from last week looking for a status update on increasing the size limit for attachments in email assist. I need to decide if we should scrap using email assist. Please advise.

This would be a quick win where EVERY Gainsight User & Admin would benefit. Highly consider implementing improved limits on email attachment size.

As of now, we have halted the use of our designed EBR and CSR playbooks.

(signed) All GS Admins!

@chethana checking back if there is any update on increasing the email assist attachment size limit. Thanks!

@carissa curtis   As of now we still have this limitation, we are looking for alternatives to support this. Once the solution is available i will update here.

Hello All,
We have few workaround figured out. I will keep you posted about the updates.

Hello All,
We have few workaround figured out. I will keep you posted about the updates.

Looking forward to (at a minimum) increased limits on a Single Attachment. No need to mention again the effects of this limitation on the CSM/AMs in our org. Overall capacity would be nice as well.

Keep us posted @chethana 

@chethana I look forward to hearing the updates. 

+1 here, 

Adding my own support and interest in hearing about the expanded file size limit. Thanks, @chethana!

@meenal_shukla  - Where are we at on timing for this on the roadmap?    It’s a blocker for some automation we’d like to implement.

Hello everyone,
we are increasing the limit on attachments, availability of this is probably by end of July. I will keep you posted about the release updates.

Hi @chethana ,

Are there any updates here on when this will be implemented and what the sizes will be increased to? This is a large pain point for my instance and end users.

Thank you!

Joe

Good news! The 2MB attachment limitation is being increased to 20MB and is currently in beta.  This will be available for teams on NXT who have also moved to Horizon Analytics.

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Email_Assist/Email_From_Anywhere/What's_New_in_Email_From_Anywhere