Text Boxes: Stripping formatting when pasting

Related products: None

Good Morning-

We've run into this issue a few times over the last few months and I wanted to get some feedback from the community:

When our CSMs try and past any text into form fill boxes in Gainsight, the formatting from the program where the text originated (PowerPoint, .pdf, etc.) is transferred to Gainsight's text boxes.

The problem is that Gainsight's text boxes don't support formatting (well, there are extremely limited formatting options in the form of <b></b>, <i></i>, etc., but I digress), and the text ends up taking a form that's unreadable, unususable, or just different from other text fill boxes that are manually typed or contain information pasted from a different originating software.

Is anyone else running into these issues?

Would anyone be in support of Gainsight automatically stripping out all formatting upon pasting, much like Notepad/Textpad does in Windows? This would be done for consistency of display within Gainsight.

Thanks

-Jim

We run into this alot! Would definitely be in favor of it getting stripped out altogether.

I often do Paste and match formating using macOS. Removes all returns, breaks, and indents and just matches the current font face and size.

Would it be valuable to have Gainsight automatically strip out that formatting so you don't have to go through the step of using macOS and pasting?

I think there is value there since the normal Copy/Paste never works perfectly.

@james_whitehead and @john_apple which areas of the product you see this monstly??

@sai_ram_pulluri : We found this specifically in the text boxes under "Plan Info" in Success Plans.

I really like this idea! It’d be immensely helpful for our organization

Hello,

Our CS team also experiences this often within Success Plan Plan Info fields. Today we are often trying to copy/paste from a Word document which does not apply correctly and will often show we have exceeded text limit allowed to the text box even though there may only be a few words and are not exceeding. It seems to improve if we take text from Word, paste into notepad, copy text from notepad, and paste into the success plan.

Hi… We are evaluating solutions to improve how RTE fields work. We will look into the reasons why character limit of RTE fields exceeds when copy pasting text from MS Word document and not from notepad.