Templates for specific Timeline activities

Related products: None

Timeline is so juicy....I love it!

One idea that could really help to drive organizational consistency is the ability to define a template that would auto fill parts of the draft activity text. For example, instead of giving the user free rein to enter whatever, if there were some key data elements or formatting style that was important for consistency, have the template drop that text in automatically.

For example, a possible template for a customer meeting could be:

[i]Summary: 

[i]Current health & trend:

[i]Action items:

• [i]Item 1

• [i]Item 2
[i]Notes:

• [i]Notes, etc
[i]Next meeting scheduled:

Just adding onto the fact that I think timeline activity templates are a great idea.  Often we ask CSMs to log calls, and interactions, but every CSM has their own style/level of detail.  Would be nice to populate a template format so the notes/important talking points can be succinct and uniform across all CSMs.  From a CSM manager stand point, it would create a much easier experience, and for new hires it would create a level of expectation when they start. 

Oh man we need this SO BADLY. CSMs currently have to copy it over from a CTA description and they have shared a few times how this would help. 

@lindseyyoung5 @jesse_reyes @ashleyyoung @jamieordway thoughts??

End Proctoring-

@sai_ram can we get an update on this?  The pinned post from Lila is pretty old, and I haven’t seen anything in the previews of new features about this.

@heather_hansen This is planned for our short-term roadmap. The tentative delivery date is the end of Q3.

Timeline templates is on our near term roadmap. Tentative ETA is the end of Q3.

Any updates on this? We have a TON of user stories that would benefit from this capability.

Any updates on this? We have a TON of user stories that would benefit from this capability.

This is actively in the engineering cycle and we hope to have this released before the end of the year provided everything goes according to plan. 

You can see some designs that the team is piloting here: 

And if you’d like to participate in a feedback session as the Product and Engineering teams put on the final touches, both to share your use cases but also to get a more interactive sneak preview - sign up here: 

Timeline templates are coming in the upcoming release!! :)

Timeline templates are coming in the upcoming release!! :)

Very exciting!!

Hello everyone!

You know what, we have implemented some of your suggestions in the v6.29 release!!

For more information, refer to the v6.29 (SFDC / NXT) release notes.

Pl keep sharing your ideas with us on this forum.

Best!