With the recent move to no long display tasks in a drop down below the CTA, our CSMs are now more challenged in editing and tracking tasks. This is for a couple of reasons:
- This now adds additional clicks. Previously, we could select the task drop down and within the cockpit view easily see all tasks and due dates associated with that CTA. Adding extra clicks and burying tasks into a tab forces CMSs to take extra steps to see that information.
- Editing the due date of the CTA can inadvertently cause the CSM to edit the due date on tasks because they can no longer see tasks and CTAs at the same time. The experience now looks like this (editing the “test” CTA, which has 3 test tasks within it):
- Click on CTA due date from within the cock pit:
- Select new due date and am prompted whether or not I want to change the due date of all Tasks. However, I cannot know this because I cannot see the tasks:
- I can also edit the date from the details view. I click on the CTA to bring up details view. and then select a new due date:
- I am asked if I want to edit the task due dates, yet still cannot see the tasks or their due dates: