Tags for NXT

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

Hi team, it would be absolutely amazing if we could create and edit tags within Gainsight NXT. It wasn’t immediately clear to us during the initial implementation that tags were a Salesforce-only feature.

We understand that it’s possible to define criteria according to Rules Engine, but tags are a more end-user friendly way to segment and identify customers and their behaviours.

@ashleyunity Thanks for bringing this up! currently, we don’t have this in our road-map. I am redirecting this to our product team to check the possibilities. I also want other customer's inputs/interests here.

@All, please vote your interest here! we do change the priority of the road-map based on customer's interest. 

I agree.  I would like to be able to tag R360s in NXT.  I can think of numerous use cases where creating a tag of any text would be particularly useful--and then being able to create a report with a filter by tag(s)…

(Note:  Just to be clear, these tags would not be social or people-tagging.  That is, the tags would NOT be names.)

For instance, tags could be:

• “needs-success-plan” for a CSM manager to request the CSM to create a success plan
  • “data-problem” to flag to our Gainsight Administrator that this is a record with a problem, 
    -or-
  • “internal-ticket-247” to make it easier for our internal team to find the correct R360 to investigate a problem on
  • “february-2021-executive-review” to highlight customers selected for an executive review
  • “assign-to-CSM-23” to tag an R360 to be assigned to a future, as-yet-not-yet-hired CSM.

If there are currently ways that others are handling use cases like this, please suggest in comments below.

Thanks for sharing this @ashleyunity  and thank you @kpolleck  for the detailed use cases, we really appreciate it.
We completely agree that tags can be very useful and handy for managing the Companies/Relationships better. We have this in our roadmap to address this for the NXT edition.
Will share more details here once we pick this up.

@ashleyunity I just followed a support article to have my SFDC team enabled tagging and just found out that apparently the article was from way back when...maybe 2012/13?

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Administration_and_Permissions/Setting_up_Gainsight_for_Salesforce_Administrators/Configuring_Customer_Tags

I wanted to have the “Tags” at the top of the Summary (like in the support article below) and was figuring that the functionality would allow users to add “Tags” that were created on the SFDC side by our admins.

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/360/User_Guides/How_to_Use_Tags

We have a customer communication that is going out to very specific users on specific accounts and wanted to use Tagging to address who we have sent a journey orchestration to and in what wave of emails they were sent. I have it setup now where I can manually just do this on the Customer 360 page after I synced over the “Tag” field from SFDC and created the multi-pick dropdown. Not ideal at all, but I guess it will have to do for now. I was figuring that the “Tag” feature would have been upgraded and have even more features from whenever that support article was made (those pictures seem a bit old).

I don’t want users adding Tags from SFDC, what is the point of having GS if you can’t keep your CSMs in the GS NXT app to do their work? I hope they bring back this feature to work as most of us have described.

Sorry for the inconvenience @thomascardamone. This is part of our roadmap, we will try to pick this up as soon as possible.

@everyone Please upvote this request if you also need this. This will help us prioritise this requestappropriately 

One of our use cases beyond what was mentioned above is highlighting new accounts as a result of acquisitions. So we recently acquired two other companies and would like to visibly distinguish the accounts that came from other Salesforce instances. We added a field to the C360 Summary section but it’s hard to spot and blends in.

Hi there GS Product team,

I have a use case around tagging customers where one of our CS teams have had success with an initiative we have rolled out and tags would have been a super easy and straightforward way for the CSM team to consistently flag customers that fit the bill.

Are there any plans to revisit this ask?

Thank you for your consideration!

We would love to have Tags to identify if customers are at risk, but no further action we can do to mitigate the risk. Having this tag will allow us to suppress these customers from any automated risk escalation workflows.  

I know this can be easily done via a field, i just liked how tags were more in your face and wont get drowned if you add them to an already full or partially full attributes page.  

We would like to have tags to be able to tag our Top 25 customers by ARR in the system. I agree with the above statements that it can be done with a field and a rule looking at the Top 25 ARR and allowing that field to be checked or unchecked, but having a tag in your face based on a rule would be way easier.