Tagging timeline activities

Related products: None

Our team would like the ability to tag Timeline activities in order to sort/segment easier.  For example, for meetings, they would like to tag with "on-site" or "remote".  

Another use case is using tags to surface very important activities such as a phone call with a high ranking executive.  A tag of "Exec" would allow for easier sorting but the CSM and their Directors.  

I anticipate heavy use of this feature and the ability to tag for easier sorting of key activities would be lovely! 
Hi Melissa,

Thanks for the post. Ability to add tags is in our roadmap. ETA to be decided.

Thanks,

Nitisha
You can create custom activity types and fields on the activity types.  Not exactly like tagging but may be able to meet some of your use cases.  So for meeting you could add a checkbox for "In Person" that would allow you to check if the meeting was done in person.
Being able to add tags to timeline activities would be great for us, as well.  Rather than having a drop down for meeting type and a drop down for roles of those in attendance and a drop down for every category we want to track, the ability just to add any available tag would be awesome!

Curious if there's an update on short term or long term roadmap? And whether or not we as admins would be able to limit tag options or if it would be a free for all for end users?
Hi Melissa,

This is not in short-term roadmap i.e. will be planned after Spring'18. We still haven't thought through all details but we will try to maintain the balance between admins having the ability to limit the tag options vs user having the flexibility to add tags. I will take your feedback once we have more clarity on it.

Thanks,

Nitisha
I appreciate the update.  Thank you!
This is something that we have a need for as well. We have started creating new custom fields to collect data about a specific activity such as a field to confirm that specific content was shared during the activity e.g. One of our new features was discussed during a customer call. 

Collecting more context about activities is a great way to gather data from CSMs within an existing workflow. As I'm sure you can imagine, asking the team to add this info through a new workflow is not the most popular. 
Multi select fields would be an awesome alternative too

+1 to this request!

Instead of adding additional activity types or using custom field drop downs within each activity type, I think creating a tagging feature would be great! That way reps can quickly use a set of tags (created/controlled by Admins preferably) to approrpiately tag activities. Having that displayed next to the title or have it searchable would be ideal. That way we can quickly find activities with similar tags.

Especially important when you want to limit activity types.

Is there any update to this? I saw the reply from 2 years ago that it will be added to the road-map. Is this still being considered?

Is there any update on this request? There were indications this was being added to the roadmap a couple of years ago. Is this still being considered?

This feature is still being considered, we have not been able to prioritise this because of other higher priority items. I will update this thread, once we have some clarity on the timeline.