Question

Load to SFDC Object - STRING to LOOKUP

• 31 March 2017
  • 5 replies

I would like to use the Rules Engine to update two custom lookup (user) fields in SFDC.  I have a string containing the user's full name to use for the field mapping.  When I test the rule all records fail.  Thanks in advance for suggestions on solving this one.

5 replies

Hola,

Just to close the loop on this one - we ended up solving this using the process builder in SFDC to populate the user lookup field based on the picklist field data.

Thanks
Hi Dale:

Based on what you've mentioned about the setup of the Action in the rule, I believe that you will need to choose the User Id field as opposed to User Name.  The lookup field you are mapping to is expecting a 15/18 digit SFDC Id as a value, so if you're mapping Full Name into that field, it will fail on the action.

Let me know if I can help further.

Thanks
Hi Scott,

That is most helpful and it leads me to a follow up question:  What is a good method for cross referencing the user name strings I have with their user ID's?  The challenge I'm facing here is the data source is a custom field populated from a picklist of names so there's no ID associated with these names initially.

Thanks
Hi Dale:

Are you able to send me a screenshot of the fields on the object you're sourcing from?  If you'd prefer to send via email, you can send them to smorris@gainsight.com
I have sent that along via email, thank you.