Question

or statement criteria

We direct CTAs to different CSMs based on the regions that each CSM manages. I would like to use OR statements in the Action Criteria so I can filter on "Region equals EMEA" OR "Region equals Nordics" etc. Right now, I have duplicate Rules set up for each CSM based on the regions that he/she manages. It would be more convenient to do this within a single rule.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
If I understand what you're asking, this is actually possible Steve. 

If you have a field that holds the Region, then pull that field into your Show criteria on the Setup Rule screen.  Then, when you create the Setup Action, underneath the action is a "Criteria" field.  Click Criteria, then select Region from the picklist box, then equals value "EMEA" for that particular Action.

Then create your second action, follow the same steps and set Region equals value "Nordics."

See my example screnshot where I use a field (HT Model) in a very similar way.  This ensures the first action only applies when the HT Model field equals Primary.  The second only applies when HT Model field equals Secondary.

Okay - so instead of being able to use OR Statements to include multiple regions, I would use a separate action for each region. That works. Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
You're welcome.  I do agree, though that having OR statement criteria would be an asset.  So I could say Action 1 - Create CTA  .... criteria Region equals EMEA  OR Nordics.

I created this idea months ago to give me the ability to include multiple values in the same field entry with an implicit OR:  https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/gainsight-dashboards-need-ability-to-add-multiple-e...