Sync SFDC picklist to GS dropdown list

Related products: CS Other Features

Hello everyone. It seems like Gainsight Connect for picklist only synchronize 'Customer Stage' and 'Customer Status' values from SFDC to MDA. Has anyone found a way to synchronize any other picklists defined in SFDC into Gainsight? I want to avoid having either double duty, or worse, forgetting to update the SFDC picklist and the GS dropdown list. Any ideas or any plan to consider this use case? All feedback is welcomed!

Thanks!
Hi Marcelo - We actually do support dropdown picklists in the MDA. Here's the documentation for doing so: 

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Data_Management_and_Integrations/Managing_Data_I...

I believe this is what you need, but let me know if not.
Thanks Spencer. I know about dropdown list, but was looking for a way to sync the picklist in SFDC with the dropdown list object in MDA. As it currently stands I have to maintain the picklist in SFDC and the dropdown list object in GS. If there would be any way to automate this (sync what is in SFDC picklist over to dropdown list object in MDA) it would save time and errors.
Oh, I see. I should've known you would've already known about the picklist functionality :)

Not sure about automation plans. Will have to see if our product team has any info on that.
Me too. Ticket #39996
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Custom SFDC Picklist should sync to MDA dropdown list via GS Connect.

[On behalf of Customer] It seems like Gainsight Connect for picklist only synchronize 'Customer Stage' and 'Customer Status' values from SFDC to MDA. Can we have a feature to have Custom SFDC picklist automatically sync via GS Connect to MDA dropdown. 
@All. Changing this to an idea post,since its a new request. 

Thanks for posting!

@sai_ram Is this still in consideration?

@john_apple Thanks for the reminder, I will let you know.

@sai_ram or @Cornelia any update on this? Movement in three years? :joy:  Ties into this one as well 

Hey @bradley, my apologies for not following up on this. Will look into this and have the Product Manager  respond at the earliest. 

Hi @bradley 

We are still evaluating the feature and will be adding this to the near term roadmap

Thank you

Preethi

Upvoting - this would be a helpful addition. Thank you! 

I would also love to see this.

Upvote as well!

Any update on this? Any way to maybe at least expose an API Endpoint?

API upsert to Picklist possible via Rules Engine as a “sooner rather than later” maybe? Not sure what it takes to be able to access Picklist meta in SFDC, but hoping there’s something available to hook into.

However it gets done, this would be very welcome, very used functionality in a world of large SFDC instances that are connected to GS -- when there is a team of SFDC Admins, 1 of them adding an option to a picklist isn’t going to trigger a dependency search downstream before implementing - and suddenly, records are failing in the Company sync (or other sync) -- being able to select key picklists for ongoing sync would be very helpful.

Yup, upvote, bump etc. 

Hi folks, adding my +1 to this feature, and bubbling this request back up to the top.

Not always are changes in SFDC completed by the same person responsible for maintaining Gainsight, especially in larger orgs, right?  It’s possible for picklists to be changed in SFDC and the changes not to be known about by the Gainsight Admin.  It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had a rule error, only to find out it’s because a picklist value has been changed in SFDC and not communicated.

Yes - in an ideal world the change would be communicated, but in that same world we’d also have the ability to automatically keep parity between valid picklist values in SFDC and GS!

This thread calls out this functionality being added to the near term roadmap 2y ago.. Perhaps it can be revisited when the Product Team prioritize their backlog?

Ohh dropdowns are a beautiful mess!
Piggybacking an idea I posted some time ago… Even if the you added the new dropdown value in GS, it doesn’t automatically map in current rules :/

Came to upvote this and see that I already did at some point. Can I double upvote? This has been the source of quite a few Monday morning fire drills and countless meetings and emails about changes. Automating parity with the source system (SFDC in many cases) would save admins a ton of time and prevent embarrassing and disruptive mishaps - this would be an amazing enhancement.

API upsert to Picklist possible via Rules Engine as a “sooner rather than later” maybe? Not sure what it takes to be able to access Picklist meta in SFDC, but hoping there’s something available to hook into.

However it gets done, this would be very welcome, very used functionality in a world of large SFDC instances that are connected to GS -- when there is a team of SFDC Admins, 1 of them adding an option to a picklist isn’t going to trigger a dependency search downstream before implementing - and suddenly, records are failing in the Company sync (or other sync) -- being able to select key picklists for ongoing sync would be very helpful.

This is well-said. In our case, we didn’t even see a failure. We just noticed all the sudden that certain customers weren’t having their picklist fields updated because the new picklist options from SFDC simply weren’t added to the associated MDA picklist yet. I would rather have a failure in the rule that was updating it than just nothing at all. Of course, what I would really like is the auto-add feature discussed in the idea post here.

This came up during our NXT migration as well and the migration team created rules specifically to sync picklist fields from Salesforce to NXT as a catch-all for this exact reason.  That is a ludicrous (but unfortunately necessary for now) workaround, that I applaud them for at least attempting to mitigate.

Gainsight wants to be an enterprise player? Data synchronization is a basic enterprise need (validated by the number of votes on this request) and shouldn’t require duct-taping backup rules and API workarounds together to achieve.

It’s also sad that this is a 5-year old request that 2 years ago was noted as “on the short term road map” but has had no follow up since.

Gainsight wants to be an enterprise player? Data synchronization is a basic enterprise need 

Correction: it’s basic need, period.

And sync we have bi-directional sync… dare I ask for syncing picklist values from Gainsight to SFDC for those picklist where Gainsight is the source?