Question

Impersonate Users in Gainsight

• 23 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Is there a way for an admin to impersonate a user in Gainsight to see if the views of dashboards look the way that you intend them to look? I don't have any accounts/relationships assigned to myself and I need to make sure that filters are working for specific CSMs with the criteria set. Is this possible? Or do I need to assign dummy accounts to myself in order to see this?

5 replies

Badge
You can also actually log in as the user, if you have admin permissions in SFDC. If you do have admin permissions, you can navigate to where Gainsight licenses are assigned in Gainsight Standard and Login as the user. This is much easier to see layouts then changing reports or filters to see what they see. Though, you would have to have administrator permissions in SFDC.

Badge +3
You should be able to see what the dashboard will look like for your CSMs by pulling up the dashboard and setting the Global Filter for CSM (or whatever you named the filter that's customizing the view per user) to "Other User" and selecting a CSM of your choice (screenshot below).

Badge
Yes, this is possible. The first option is to adjust the filters on the reports to not be "current user" and select a random CSM so that you can view the reports on a dashboard from their view. 

The easiest option is to login as the user via SFDC. This would require you having Admin permissions in SFDC.

I hope this helps!

Joe
Thanks for the responses! @Pele the field that we're using to recognize the CSM is on the Relationship level and for some reason is only allowing me to see 'All Users' rather then dial in to a specific CSM.

@Ky and @Joel I was aware of the SFDC admin impersonation but unfortunately admin access isn't something that I have in SFDC right now. :(  I'm trying to gain access, but in the meantime I wondered if there was a GS specific way to do this. 
Badge +3
Hi again Daniel, 

Filtering on Relationship CSM should work as expected– the screenshot in my response above is from a Relationship CSM filter, I just named it CSM. 

What might be happening is that the Global Filter is set to ALL USERS and locked:

For testing, I might set this to CSM = Current User or Other User and unlock the filter and you should be able to update the filter both in preview or the live dashboard:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Pele