Survey Question Type: Ranking - usage unclear for the respondee

Related products: None

I have created a survey with a Ranking question where respondees have to rearrange a series of options in the order they want.

But I have found it not so user friendly, it took me a few minutes to realize that I should drag and drop the options to make it work. Also, I think that if the arrows would be on the left hand side it would be easier to understand.

Also, my problem is that the answers of people were matching exactly the order we initially had, so I think that people have just submitted the survey without changing the order. It could be that that was the order they wanted, but I can't be sure.

I think it would be better to have 2 panes, one with the original list and the second with the new order chosen by the person responding.

Hi Cristina,

Thanks for your feedback on user experience when using Ranking question type. We are planning to introduce a help text right below question that will say "Drag items top/down in order to arrange based on preference".

Do you think the above help text will work ?
Hi Praneet, 

Thanks a lot for your reply! The thing is that we have explained that in the description of the survey; but I think people that don't really use tools in their daily work won't be really curious to play around with it and understand how it works. Anyway, any further explanation in the survey would be of great help, and if eventually you can switch to what I recommended before (2 panes), that would be amazing! I think if there are 2 panes the user is really involved in what he/she is doing! Like building something with Lego blocks! 
Hi Cristina,

I will definitely add this particular request UX improvements for Survey, For time being I will try to prioritize this particular message to be displayed on top of Ranking question.