Supporting Hyperlinks in Reports

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

Some customers have custom fields that contain useful URLs on the Account or Customer object. But when a report containing these URLs is displayed on something like the C360 page, they are not able to "right click > open link in new tab" to easily navigate useful pages.

This is something that would add usability and convenience to many!
If we were able to do this then if my developers were to create a webpage to house the URL then we could actually "click" on the hyperlink instead of "right click > open link in new tab". But since these reports are visual force pages right now it will not allow us to do what is stated above and would not allow us to do what I am saying here. 
Nice idea, we would be able to do this. The functionality we can aim for is, if the data in Reporting has any value which is a URL, we would convert it into a link and on-click it opens up a new tab. 

Will try to have this done by the next major release (Q2 end).
That would be GREAT!
I was going to have my SF admin team create a Website to "house" the link from say a PDF that is hyperlinked. Would they still need to do this or will your enhancement make this so my Admin team does not have to worry about it?
Hello Andrew, I am afraid I didn't quite get what you meant by "house" the link from a PDF. Can you elaborate a bit more on this? Tx.
For some of our hyperlinks we have a stored PDF on a different server so we were going to create a hyperlink to display the stored PDF when you click on the hyperlink. I'm not sure of all the details sorry. I know that right now we can copy the URL and paste it into a new tab and that works to go to the PDF but if we try to click on the hyperlink we are not able to in click on it in Gainsight, we are able to click on it in SF, but in either situation the hyperlink does not do anything. 
Hey Andrew, do you mean a link of this sort? ( https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/gainsight-us/attachment/Internet-of-Things-Vision-Future2012.pdf). If this is what you mean, it would be supported for sure.
Yes that is exactly what I mean. Awesome! Does that mean since we are at the end of Q2 that it will be included in the July 7th release?
Hey Andrew, this will be available at the end of Q2. Cheers !
Hi Sudarshan, are there any updates on this request?
Do we have any options currently available for supporting hyperlinks on a Gainsight Report?  As noted in one of the previous examples in this post, the specific example is an Account field that is a hyperlink from the Account in Salesforce.  But it's not a hyperlink when displayed as a column on a Gainsight Report on a Gainsight dashboard.  

One other note - this same field is properly showing as a hyperlink on the Gainsight Customers Tab.
Has there been any update on this?  My organization has a use case for including hyperlinks in reports but we're unable to find any documented support for it.
Are there any updates on this request?
I was able to display a hyperlink in a report by embedding the <a href=url> into the field of my MDA table and the link works, but I can't set a target of a new window, so it loads in the current browser window/tab.
Good to know that works.  Maybe that's a recent change?  I had thought I asked support about doing that at one point and they said it would not work.  Glad to hear that it does though.