Support usage of tokens in Email templates directly by using HTML code

Related products: None

Hi team,

Posting this request on behalf of a customer.

We have  given the feasibility to customer to create their Email template directly by using HTML code.

However it is currently not possible to directly create tokens within the Email template by using HTML code.

It would be great if we can provide the feasibility to customers to directly create tokens using their custom HTML template.

Regards,

Jagadeesh

@jagadeesh_kumar_paidimarri thank you for bring this up here. I am hearing this for the first time, what would be the use-case for this?

@sai_ram Email templates can be prepared by directly using HTML code template. In these cases it is not possible to insert parameterized tokens

Hello @jagadeesh_kumar_paidimarri 
Can you let me know how frequently templates are built using HTML code?

@jagadeesh_kumar_paidimarri You can absolutely do this. I create my emails in Hubspot, and export the HTML code over to Gainsight. From there, just highlight the text you wish to Tokenize, and select the token button - and it should turn into one. You can also do this for links. 

@chethana some customers are doing it only via using HTML code rather than manually preparing the template.

@jagadeesh_kumar_paidimarri You can absolutely do this. I create my emails in Hubspot, and export the HTML code over to Gainsight. From there, just highlight the text you wish to Tokenize, and select the token button - and it should turn into one. You can also do this for links. 

I cannot select the token button in this process and am hitting a wall. 

@gunjanm do you have the ‘gs-editable’ snippet in the code?

@kelly learned from a Tutorial article that that was the trick. Needs to be up front in the Email Template articles themselves! Very unintuitive 😞 I could see that being a really useful in-app tooltip!