Success Plans Modify Date updated when CTA or Timeline associated is updated

Related products: CS Success Plans

It would be great for the modified date on the Success Plan to be based on max date of a timeline entry or CTA modification.

We are trying to encourage CSMs to update the CTAs and Timeline entries to help us track how often they are interacting with the plan. Right now, the modify date only updates when you close the plan, which is not a true reflection of how often a CSM is interacting with the plan.

@andreammelde thank you for sharing this here. I will check the possibility and get back to you.

@andreammelde 

Success plan, CTAs, and timeline - each have their respective modified dates. In report builder I think we can build report for timeline-activity/CTA on modified date and filter those which are linked to success plan.

If a Task is modified under a CTA, the CTA should be considered modified.

If a CTA is modified under a Success Plan, the Success Plan should be considered modified.

If a Task is modified under a CTA under a Success Plan, the entire parentage should be considered modified.

Shouldn’t have to go through data gymnastics to identify when an SP was last modified.

This doesn’t seem like an out of left field expectation to me….?  @bradley @heather_hansen @wayne_baker @spencer_engel am I wrong?

@Cornelia may you direct this to the right product team?  Thx!

100% I would agree. If you touch any activity type thing associated with the success plan, it should reflect as modified.

If a Task is modified under a CTA, the CTA should be considered modified.

If a CTA is modified under a Success Plan, the Success Plan should be considered modified.

If a Task is modified under a CTA under a Success Plan, the entire parentage should be considered modified.

Shouldn’t have to go through data gymnastics to identify when an SP was last modified.

This doesn’t seem like an out of left field expectation to me….?  @bradley @heather_hansen @wayne_baker @spencer_engel am I wrong?

@Cornelia may you direct this to the right product team?  Thx!

I think it’s perfectly reasonable. If gainsight wants to preserve when an individual record was updated in absence of any update on a child object, you could just have a different modified date field. One that does what it does now, and one that looks for the most recent modified date for any child records (such as @darkknight describes above).

That would preserve existing functionality if you want to really look at granular modified dates, and also not have to rebuild things, while providing much better reporting functionality in a way that reflects real world usage of an admin trying to answer the question “When was X last updated?”.

in a way that reflects real world usage of an admin trying to answer the question “When was X last updated?”.

THIS right THERE.

Not that it’s an ideal solution, but this could probably be handled via rule and a couple custom fields for those wanting the functionality of “rolling up” Task Last Modified Date to Objective/CTA Last Modified Date to Success Plan Last Modified Date.

Not that it’s an ideal solution, but this could probably be handled via rule and a couple custom fields for those wanting the functionality of “rolling up” Task Last Modified Date to Objective/CTA Last Modified Date to Success Plan Last Modified Date.

Sure, but this shouldn’t require a custom workaround.  If anything within a Success Plan changes, the modified date should be reflected as such. As @bradley noted the functionality should align to the “real world usage.” I’ve grown weary of custom workarounds….:disappointed:

@anirbandutta @Anil Raj Pujari may we get eyes/update on this item?  This should not require custom rules for such a clear-cut standard use case. 

Any update on this from the Gainsight team?

Would really love to get an update here. Across 3 companies, now, this has been a consistent request from CS orgs. It’s a common use case that shockingly doesn’t already exist.  If a child is updated, that should be reflected on its parent. It’s misleading otherwise.

@anirbandutta I think we’re beyond this being at “Response from customer” status. Can we get some 👀 on this please? Thanks!

Coming up on this yet again. Please, update. cc @alliheller @sarahmiracle 

Elevated this internally. Let’s allow some time for PMs to assess. 

Hi team,

Thank you for this use case. 

I will work with Engg. to see how we can better solve the problem. Please provide me some time to come back with concrete next steps on this. 

Thanks,

Monica

Response from CustomerAcknowledged

@mpatra any update on this? It’s a major administrative (and CSM) frustration.  FYI @ophirsw and @pgeorge