Success Plan Timeline Activities

Related products: None

Our team is looking for the ability to link timeline activities from the global timeline view and/or the C360 timeline view directly to a specific success plan.

The use case is that they might be working with one customer that has multiple success plans and would like an easier way to navigate and log these activities ( currently you have to navigate to the success plan itself to log anything at this level)

@Tommy we have them to link the timeline activities from Success plan. Here is the link for the article.  Hope this solves your query I think.

Hello,

What this request is about is the ability to do this linkage from either the main timeline view or the timeline on a Customer’s C360.  With potentially multiple success plans being active for a customer, our team is looking for the ability to do this linkage at a more macro level.

Hi @Tommy : Could you add some details on what you mean linkage at Macro level….is it about linking one timeline entry to multiple Success Plans ? 

Hi @aditya_marla , what I mean by “macro level” is that the team is wanting the ability to link a timeline entry to a success plan while on a Customer’s C360 timeline page (without having to first navigate to the success plan itself). Our team potentially works on many success plans at once for a single customer and it’s easier for them to log activities at the main timeline level than having to go into each success plan.

Does that help?

Got it makes sense. Thanks a lot for sharing the details 

We ran into this today as well - feedback from some of our CSMs. They really like the more global/company view of timeline, and sometimes they create a timeline post there that relates to a success plan. Instead of navigating back to the success plan and copying what they already wrote, it would be great if they could just link the already created timeline activity to the success plan.

I think it would work if there was an ability to add a Lookup field on the Timeline Activity to the Success Plan. That way you could link the correct CSP from any Timeline screen. 

Our team has brought this up numerous times. It is essential because it is much easier to send email updates via gainsight assist, and tie it back to the Success Plan after creation. Rather than them going into the success plan and creating the email update. Is there any update on this one? 

I would like to see this feature added too. Is there any update?