Ability to Reuse Email Assist in the same task

Related products: None

Email assist only allows you to use an email template once in a task. What if the user needs to send another email with that template? There is no easy option. It would be helpful to have an option to duplicate the template or task. As a work around, if the task with the email template is closed, do a "replace playbook" and it will pop in again under the CTA. The issue is it would copy any tasks that are not closed. I've tried to see if it was possible to re-open the task to do this but that does not work. If you ‘Edit Task’ and change the Status back to “Open”, here you get ‘Validate Email’ but trying to send the email will just hang your browser. (btw just changing the status not using the edit method doesn't give you validate email again.)
@anthony_sabato_5de748 Hope your use-case can be solved via an Adhoc email functionality which is released recently. Follow this article for more information.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

@sai_ram_pulluri Thanks for the response. That would be an option but our tokens are not mapped when we choose the Adhoc template. Instead I've been having the users just re-apply the playbook after they have used the first email and it adds a new task with playbook, email template, etc.

@anthonysabato I recently started going through all of the unanswered posts and found this post, Can you please help me with screenshot where you are seeing missing mapping?

When you add a template using the adhoc method, it does not resolve the tokens as seen here in this example. The article mentioned above briefly states if a token is not resolved that the CSM would need to delete it but that’s not a good behavior to be expected here when it works already when the template is used normally in a CTA. I know in my example the tokens are basic but that might not always be the case.