Success Plan Templates - Ability to change success plan type or copy to another type

Related products: None

Is there a way to apply a Success Plan template to multiple Success plan types? Or even change the type after added? I am finding it difficult to move things around as an admin and and end-user after something has been created.  

For Example: 

I have multiple success plans and one of the templates for success plan type 1, I'd like to also have available for success plan type 2.

Is this doable? Or an enhancement request?
Hi Angela,

I think when you create Success Plan templates, you can either select one type to apply the template to, or you can say the template is available for ALL plan types.
Thanks Lila - I'm looking to have the ability to change the type after it's already been created.  I've confirmed this is not doable today. 
Would you like me to convert this to an Idea (feature request)?
That would be great! Thanks.

@lila_meyer , I’d like to support this capability in Mass Edit tool. When we sometimes have training or process updates, there are some erroneous and very detailed success plans created under the improper Type.  A CSM claimed the inability to simply change the type was “bogus” :)  Evaluating the capabilities of the Mass Edit tool would be an immense help and maybe eventually enable users to manage the Success Plan type reassignment?

This is very limiting in how we can evolve Success Plans over time. We need the tools to be flexible with Success Plans.  Business and process change, we need to keep things progressing.

@sai_ram - just for visibility. We run into this today. Better editing and flexibility in Success plans is what we are really looking for as Admins.  

@davebrown2242 and @angela_mckay Sorry for the inconvenience! Our product team is in the process of redesigning the Success plans. I am redirecting this to the team for visibility. 

Thanks for sharing your ideas! 

@sai_ram Adding one more detail to this.  You also can’t change the template type after it’s created, and there’s not an easy way to clone/copy it to another plan type.  So, for my use case, we have a Project CSM team that jumps in to help in cases where the account doesn’t qualify for a full CSM.  They have their own SP Type for easier reporting, but they want to be able to utilize some of the SP templates from other types.  I don’t have an easy way to share those across the two types or copy the original to add to the PCSM type or adjust the type to All.

@heather_hansen acknowledged and with Product team now. 

Hi Heather,

In NXT we have the ability to create a template that applies across all entities (companies and all relationship types). Would that solve your need to some extent? Also would a capability similar to what is present for playbooks (in NXT) help solve it?

@aditya_marla Yes, that works perfectly in both cases.  Thanks for the follow up!