Success Plan Template: Dynamically assign Objective Owner

Related products: None

I'm very happy to see that you can now create a Success Plan template! However, I'm finding a very important feature is missing - allowing an objective to dynamically be assigned based on a lookup value.  Instead, it only allows me to assign an objective to a single User, and if the template gets assigned to any account the CSM will need to go in and reassign each objective.

It would be great if we could dynamically assign based on a lookup value -- like I do with CTA's for my CSMs, TAMs and Executives.
Yes!  I noticed this too.  It would be great if it worked like playbooks where the owner is the person who applies it or who it is assigned to.  As they are now, I'm not sure it's feasible for our teams to use them.
Hi Jennifer,

Very valid point about dynamically assigning owners based on a lookup value. This will be available soon. I will keep you updated about ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Heather,

Thanks for your post. We will definitely bring this capability soon. 

Thanks,

Nitisha
We are not able to use Success Plans until they can be assigned via a look up as well.  Very interested in this!
Are we able to create a rule to trigger a Success Plan? I thought we were going to be able to, but I'm struggling to figure that out. One example is to push a Success Plan of onboarding to customer who purchase a certain product.

We have created a few Success Plan Templates.
currently, you are not able to run a rule to trigger a success plan.  I asked about this and they said its an idea for the future.  
Hi,

Dynamically assigning objective owner in success plan templates will be available in Jan release.

We are working on the capability of creating success plans via rules engine too. I will keep you updated about the ETA.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi,

Capability to dynamically assign objective/task owner based on a lookup value is available now. 

We are also working on creating success plans via rules engine. I will keep you updated about the status.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Nitisha,

I'm building out templates for one of our groups now, and I'm still being forced to assign an owner.  Basically, what I'd like is when the team assigns the Success Plan template, all the objectives get assigned to them.  As it stands now, looks like I'll have to assign them all to me, and then, have them change when they add.  That seems messy. 
One more note:  I think it's fine to have that functionality on the manually created objectives, but when I use a template, I'd like to have that default to the current user adding the template if that makes sense.
Sorry!  I figured out how to make it default to the Success Rep. 🙂  Forgive my ignorance.
No problem Heather. Please let me know if you need any other clarifications. Thanks!
I was just asked about the ability to change the owner of all objectives at once (like how to CTA tasks work now).  Is this on the roadmap?  
Hi Ellen,

Thanks for the post. This is in our roadmap. ETA to be decided.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Heather and Nitisha - I'm not able to find/figure out hos to dynamically assign the Objective owner to the Success Plan owner. How is this done?? 🙂
Hi Faust,

When you are in the Success Plan templates and creating objectives, it should be at the top of the objective box.  When the search pops up, you can just search for the field you want to include as the assigned.  In my case, it's Success Rep. Hope that helps.

very helpful!! Thank you so much!!
Hi Faust,

Other way of having Objectives assigned to Success Plan Owner is by select 'SP Owner' place holder,

Regards,

Hitesh
Thank you!!