Export Option for Timeline View

Related products: None

While the Timeline view is still in Beta, one additional feature that should be added is the ability to export all recorded notes in some format.
Agree. Would also be great if it was included as a success snapshot out-of-the-box item like C360.
Thanks for the input, Jennifer.  Just to make sure that we understand your use case, would you need to be able to pick the Activity entries that should be part of the export?  I think Seth was imagining an export into CSV or something where there is no space constraints.  In Success Snapshots there would be a limit to the amount of room and, of course, there could be an unlimited number of Activities in the Timeline.  We have thought about things like always highlighting the latest Update type Activity, or something like that.  Would that make sense to you?
Hi Karl - as soon as I hit submit, I knew I should have put some qualifiers around the success snapshot export.  I would envision allowing some configuration to determine what makes sense but typically I would like to be able to include specific types of timeline activities for the last 30, 60 or 90 days.  This allows for the activities to be included in snapshots for monthly account meetings or a QBR.  If we can select the individual activities to include in the snapshot, they might work as well but sounds more cumbersome for both user and programmers.

Let me know if you have any additional questions I have not answered.  Thanks!
Thanks Jennifer!  That totally makes sense.  I can still see some challenges in making sure that this fits well on a single slide and all that.  So let me try an idea with you:  suppose that we were to let you 'export' the part of the Timeline that you want to a web page with, say, a unique and expiring link (like we do with Gsnap and is available with Box and Google Drive).  In the actually ppt export you would have that link which can be clicked on to give a nice looking (scrollable!) view of the subset of Timeline that you selected.  Would this meet your use case?  Overall a good direction? Thanks.
Glad to see some discussion on this topic is already started! 

I was just talking to a customer today who would like to see an export capability to PDF. Ideally this would have some basic filtering by activity type and date range to enhance the usefulness of an export. 

PPT would be pretty hard to do and this lends itself very nicely to PDF as a format in reverse chronological order. 
Karl, I like Dan's recommendation of an export to PDF. Export into PPT is very limiting.  I would think the details about the meetings without the full notes are all you are able to put into a PPT.  

While a link to a scrollable area sounds great, this is cannot be packaged and sent to a client or put on a laptop to go to a client meeting.  Also, due to security restrictions, we could not share the link with the client so they could not benefit from these details.
Agree!  Would love to have an export option.  I was originally thinking CSV as well, but could get behind PDF or PPT too.
Agreed! CSV, PDF or PPT would be great. Any updates on this?
Any update on exporting the Timeline details?
The ability to export (or email) selected entry in the Timeline is first thing may users asked for when introduced and asked to use the Timeline ...
Thanks for the input, Marco.  Good to hear not only the importance but the user reaction.  While certainly not a complete solution, I do want to make sure you know about the 'copy to clipboard' option (under the three dots).  While still a manual step, this makes it quick to paste a Timeline Activity into an email, etc. 
oh cool! thanks for this option for the time being! Exporting would still be a great feature in the future

Wanting to give this a bump and say this would still be an excellent feature! I want to do some qualitative analysis of the notes we have been inputting and copying/pasting each individual one is a lot to do.