Standard field (e.g Comments) in Person object from admin c360 layouts can not be removed and it does not prompt when someone tries removing it. Should it?

Related products: None

I worked with a customer who has exactly posted the query like this:

‘In the company admin c360 layouts for the person field and the field/values shown. I'm trying to remove the "Comments" one from the "DETAIL VIEW". I can select "Comments" and delete it and save the change but when I go back in, "Comments" is added back at the top.’

Further investigation showed that standard and system fields cannot be removed. Customer wanted to know why does it allow removing field without a prompt that because of this (system or standard) field type this cannot be removed.

@imran1184 Thanks for bringing this up! We have added this to our product backlog. 

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been partially considered and included as part of the v6.15 release. Admins can now add a maximum of four fields instead of three in the C360 Layouts > Person > CHART VIEW tab, and the added fields are displayed in the Person Widget of People Maps.

This feature is implemented in both SFDC and NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!