Sponsor Tracking Search Option

Related products: None

We are trying to use the Relationship Sponsor Tracking functionality but are coming across a problem ...

There is no way to input a LinkedIn URL unless you have contacts associated to the relationship group(see attached example)

We have also encountered this issue on a client level. There is no way to input a URL without clicking the track button beside a client (see attached). You need to click into the Track button beside a user and then search for a URL.

The process is not very intuitive or user friendly. Is it possible to get a search option put in for both scenarios??

Hi,

The way sponsor tracking works is : You have contacts and you track them and the process of tracking works as follows. 

1. In the Grid that you have in screen shot - displays contacts in SFDC. 

2. In order to track a contact we need to link this contact to his linkedin profile.

3. Inorder to link, you click that chain icon and it opens a popup.

4. This popup displays possible sometimes one or many results. You need to choose one from that persons to link this contact.

5. If you notice that non of the persons are accurate results to the contact, you then need to enter linkedin URL and search a person. High chance you can find them after entering linkedin URL and then searching .

The search box you mention, only searches contacts in salesforce. It does not accept linkedIn URLs.

So if you see empty grid, you first need to add that contact to relationship contact object. We only show relationship contacts in that grid.

Summary :

1. Relationship Contact -> Search for Persons -> Enter linkedin Url if no or wrong results -> Track Sponsor 

I hope that helps. 🙂
Hi Azhar,

Thanks for your response. I am still a small bit confused...

Our relationship groups (services groups) contacts do not always match off to an opportunity contact in SFDC.

We may deal with people in the organisation at a services group level which we would like to track at the relationship level.

For example we create a Pfizer UK relationship group and want to track someone there who helps with our projects (they are not a contact in SFDC). When I create the relationship group and go to Sponsor Tracking there is no way to track a user?

Can you provide screenshots as to how we can do this?