Sorting by Task Due Date in Cockpit

Related products: None

It would be helpful if we could view and sort Tasks by Due Date in the Cockpit view. Use Case: I have created a 100 Days to Renewal CTA that includes a Playbook of Tasks that should be performed over time. But once the Playbook is created, that CTA begins dropping down the list when sorting by Due Date (as the Due Date is the date the Playbook CTA was created). In this case, while a CSM may have a Task within the Playbook to perform, he/she may be unaware as the intial Playbook CTA has aged. Having a view of all Tasks and being able to sort them by due date would solve the problem.

Hi Jake, have you tried grouping by due date, then sorting by due date, then clicking on the expand tasks icon as shown below?

Thanks Dan. I don't think that solves the problem though. I'm looking for a way to do a true sort at the Task level. i.e., show my all the Tasks due today regardless of which CTA they are associated with. This method still keeps the Tasks within their CTAs.

This is why I recommended grouping AND sorting by the due date. For example - see below this cockpit where I have the group by due date. I have not expanded the tasks, but you'll see why in a second.

In red are the tasks or CTAs that are overdue, but you'll notice that one of the CTAs in the overdue group is not overdue (in blue, due 8/5/2019), but as long as at least one task in that CTA is overdue (one of the tasks is due 7/26/2019) then it appears in the Overdue grouping.

Same thing applies in the Today grouping. You mentioned that a use case was to "show my all the Tasks due today regardless of which CTA they are associated with." Here you'll see that there is a CTA that has a due date for the overall CTA of 12/3/2019, but one of those tasks is due today (in green), so it appears in the Today grouping.

This functionality was provided to give you task level visibility of tasks that are due or overdue, without blowing up the cockpit into a massive list of individual tasks.

I work by those individual task, not by the actual CTA. CTA’s by due date is okay, but there are alot of tasks that are in that CTA but need to work before the Due Date. 

Can you add the functionality to sort by Tasks dates?

Hi Sherry,

Thanks a lot for sharing this idea. One idea that we are thinking about is having a different view where all the CTA’s & Tasks are shown in a list upfront (without the hierarchy i.e how showing the task is under the CTA)...in this view we could allow sorting on due date of tasks & CTAs. Would that make sense for you? Or do you think that would be more confusing?

That would be perfect to be able to do a view of Lists with both Tasks and CTA’s… 

Thank you!

According to the Cockpit and Playbooks FAQ for Gainsight NXT (LINK) this is the way it is SUPPOSED to work, not just an idea.

When grouped by Due Date, why does my CTA appear in the today group, even though the CTA due date is not today?

Cockpit groups CTAs by CTA due date unless a task is either due today or overdue. If the task is due today, it moves the CTA into the "today" grouping. If overdue, it moves the CTA into the "overdue" grouping.”

Currently Gainsight native on SFDC DOES work this way, but it is broken in Gainsight NXT.  This is currently listed as a BUG with Engineering.  PLEASE fix this issue for feature comparability between SFDC and NXT versions of Gainsight as soon as possible.  My users are greatly confused by this not working properly.

@dan_ahrens Please escalate this issue.

The product team is working on adding sorting by task due date in Cockpit in the next several months for NXT. It’s not currently planned for the SFDC edition.