Show NPS survey responses in Timeline

Related products: None

A CSM just asked me if it was possible to show NPS survey responses in Timeline. It would be great for that context to be visible.

For us, it would be important that the Timeline record for the survey response be pulled in live, not copied into the Timeline MDA object(s). We have to load the comments into the NPS response after the survey is complete, since the NPS Comment field in the survey cannot be set to required (feature request logged here). So, if that record were already copied to Timeline, then the Timeline would not pick up the comment once we'd loaded it in.
Hi Seth, this is an interesting idea. Can you share the primary rationale for wanting to see survey data in Timeline vs using the Survey section of the C360?

A thought to consider about timeline - it was purposefully created to address a note taking gap and to help minimize the noise that exists in traditional SFDC activity history. Timeline entries ideally should be person to person, high value interactions. 

It can certainly make sense to pull in some other types of interactions to enhance visibility, but it can also become a 'slippery slope' and before long Timeline could become very cluttered with surveys, emails, support cases, community posts, etc. 

So some food for thought. 🙂
Hi Dan,

I certainly appreciate the concern about making it cluttered. However, it seems that the filtering ability would help mitigate it substantially. Both filtering and administrator thoughtfulness are necessary to keep Cockpit from becoming an unmanageable mess, but it could be impactful to allow us to grow gradually to a place where Timeline becomes a go-to spot for "here's what has happened with this customer," the same way that I know some Gainsight customers are able to use Cockpit in a sophisticated way.

Ultimately, the use case I have in mind is that an executive may want to get on the phone with a customer, or a sales director may want to look into what happened with a customer that they're now looking to churn. I would like Timeline to be the one-stop shop where they can "read the story", chronologically, of this customer's lifetime with us. Those stakeholders won't have the muscle-memory with Gainsight to be able to smoothly navigate to Survey history, then Usage history, then Opportunity history... Instead they'd just tell the CSM to pull the info together, and then the project has become slower for everyone involved. Also, even if someone [i]did feel comfortable navigating to all those places, they would have to mentally piece together the order of events, and may wonder if they've forgotten other places that they should be looking. ("Oh right! Support tickets, I think I have to log into Zendesk for those...")
I like the ideas on this Seth. I created a very rough mockup of some potential improvements to Timeline and would love to see what you thought of them. In particular, the idea of using space on the left margin to show milestones and certain types of events that may not have a CSM note taking event attached to it. 

Let me know what you think:

I like it a lot, Dan! 
Ack, the rest of my comment got deleted!

The sidebar could even just be icons, to help save real estate, and prevent an overwhelming amount of words on the page. Hover-overs would show you the details. Maybe color-coding (Red/Green/Neutral) could give the user an at-a-glance sense of whether the icon represents something good or bad.

I'd also love to be able to reflect [i]periods of time, so a section of activities could be seen to have occurred during a particular project or a lifecycle stage. A simply colored bar, with a clear start and end point, could have hover-overs that allow the user to see what it represents.
My team would like this as well.

Hi all, I just wanted to see if the above mock-up ever gained any traction? We are about to launch an automated onboarding process with Journey Orchestrator and the 2nd email, after an original welcome from our CEO, is to include a link to a Gainsigh survey asking the client a few questions about account config. and other details. 

This additional information will help our config. team and the assigned CSM onboard the account as smooth as possible. 

It would be amazing if we could get survey responses into the timeline. Our CSMs are all users of Gainsight, however, as one of the posts above explains, with so many tools involved in a CSM’s day to day, the responses would be so much more impactful and accessible feeding into the timeline!  

Hi all, I just wanted to see if the above mock-up ever gained any traction? We are about to launch an automated onboarding process with Journey Orchestrator and the 2nd email, after an original welcome from our CEO, is to include a link to a Gainsigh survey asking the client a few questions about account config. and other details. 

This additional information will help our config. team and the assigned CSM onboard the account as smooth as possible. 

It would be amazing if we could get survey responses into the timeline. Our CSMs are all users of Gainsight, however, as one of the posts above explains, with so many tools involved in a CSM’s day to day, the responses would be so much more impactful and accessible feeding into the timeline!  

@MBell92 We did not get to it yet. We will think about it in medium - long term.

We’re currently looking for the ability to do this as well. 

Our VP has taken to receiving updates about NPS by being tagged in the timeline updates from our CSMs. To reduce the burden we’d like to auto-trigger these any time we receive an NPS and tag a list of relevant stakeholders (so they receive the notification to their inbox)

Just adding my voice here. I’ve nearly got a work around through Rules Engine > Load to Activity but I’m not sure that the results will be the same. 

We’re currently looking for the ability to do this as well. 

Our VP has taken to receiving updates about NPS by being tagged in the timeline updates from our CSMs. To reduce the burden we’d like to auto-trigger these any time we receive an NPS and tag a list of relevant stakeholders (so they receive the notification to their inbox)