Separate Objective CTA Detail view for internal users and shared contacts

Related products: None

We are looking into improving our use of Success plans, and discovered that when objectives are shared as part of a success plan, the external contact is shown the same CTA detail view as an internal user. This means that if you have CTA linked objects for Objectives, these appear as part of the CTA for the customer as well.

This is potenatially confusing to the end user, and may include things which we don't want to share with the customer. Upon reviewing all the articles I could track down, and some personal exploration of the Calls To Action section of the Admin, I've come to the conclusion that you can set up a layout per Call To Action Type (i.e. objective) but not control the layout based on whether the viewing the standard success plan vs a shared plan//internal vs external user.

Allowing this would enable better tailoring of what information is shown to customers we share our plans with, and prevent confusion by reducing unnecesary links.

I love this idea! More ability to configure what the external user can see on success plans would be fantastic

Hi Tyler,

Thanks a lot for sharing this. When you share a success plan to contacts as a link, they should only be able to see the Call to Action tab (the customer tab & linked objects should be hidden). Let me know if thats not the case? Also you can choose what objectives a customer can see when you share a plan.

Would that help your use-case?

@tyler_tew I recently started going through all of the unanswered or unresolved problems and questions here. Was checking to see if this has been resolved or if it is an ongoing issue ?

There’s been no change in the behavior I described, so it’s still an idea I’d like to see explored.

The ability to share a success plan is great, but having some capacity to tailor internal vs external content would be great, as opposed to the current behavior, which is essentially all or nothing when it comes to sharing.

Hi Tyler,

When an SP is shared with a customer only the “Call to Action” tab should be visible. If you are seeing that your customers can see linked objects/timeline/customers tab...that is an bug. 

You can also control what parts of the Objective details can the customer see:

When configuring the layout of Objective CTAs - you can mark some groups to be visible to customers and when in the shared success plan they can see only those sections (so lets say you are capturing some internal information which you dont want to expose to the customer you can move all such fields into a single group and mark that group to not be visible when shared)

Let me know if that helps

@tyler_tew did you get a chance to view the comments posted by @aditya_marla. Please let us know if you need any help here.