Send NPS to Slack

Related products: None

Has anyone set up a way to send NPS results to Slack?

I figure there'd be a way to leverage the Send emails to Slack functionality, but didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already figured it out! Maybe this is something where Gainsight would want to come up with a recommended 'recipe' for an email template and Rule, so that the survey result looks beautiful when it appears in Slack?

Three reasons I'd love to chase this down:

1. Our CEO heard from another company that does it (not using Gainsight), and that having each result pushed to Slack gives the results lots of attention and action, and distributes the follow-up responsibility across the whole company.

2. We're having a hell of a time getting our team to act on their NPS results, given how many things are competing for their attention. Yet, I Slack'd a couple screenshots to a CSM as an FYI, and the immediate response was "thanks for sending these- I will reach out!"

3. Pendo can do it through Zapier, and after putting so much careful effort into standing up an Advanced Outreach in Gainsight, I'd rather not get pressure from my CEO to move our NPS survey to Pendo (and [i]then have to set up pushing the results from Pendo to Salesforce).
You've probably already looked into this and tbh I've not tried this myself, but could it be possible to send the NPS notification to an email address? This may not be possible as I think notifying an email address is not possible unless it's the email address of someone with a user account in SFDC/Gainsight)

A unique email address can be configured for a channel in Slack
I'm looking into using Gainsight's Events Framework to trigger that email via Advanced Outreach, but got pretty befuddled by the documentation. Sent off an email to my Gainsight COM for help... 
Hi Seth,

Thanks for the post. It is possible to receive survey responses in a Slack channel using 'send emails to Slack' option in Slack and configuring the email id in 'Response Email Subscribers' in Gainsight Survey. The drawback is that the slack message formatting, in this case, isn't really great (we have tested this and don't really recommend). 

We are planning to add 'Send Response to Slack' as a step in AO where appropriate Slack user/channel can be chosen by the admin to send NPS survey responses. In this case, the Slack message formatting will be done by Gainsight to make sure it looks good.

Please let me know if you have any comments on this approach.

Thanks,
Would love for it to be easy through an AO! The things I'd point out:

• There are several questions whose answers we would want pushed to Slack, not just the NPS Score and NPS Comment. (We use separate questions for comments, because of this limitation / feature request.)

• We'd probably want to include the name of the Account Manager, and maybe the ACV. The flexibility to include those kinds of fields would be valuable.

• How would the AO be triggered? The more real-time, the better, to create a sense of excitement and urgency around "look what this customer said [i]just now"

Hi Seth,

a.  The way we are thinking about this is the content you want to share via slack can be customized just like you would configure an email template and you can include tokens like Account Manager, ACV and other mapped advanced outreach attributes.Also, you could configure to say send NPS detractor scores to another channel so that there is follow up and actions discussed there.

A sample template could be - 

Post to "InsightSquared-All" Channel -

John Doe from Acme Inc. has given a NPS response of 9. Good going @CSM NAME. cc- @CSM Manager

b. This could also extend to use cases beyond NPS surveys and extend to posting messages for other journeys like onboarding, renewals management etc. for onboarding successful completion, renewal successfully done etc. 

c. The AO can be triggered via Bionic Queries,Powerlist or it can be a step within advanced outreach in the NPS or email chain models to trigger this action in real time once the survey response comes. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Abhishek S
Hi everyone, changing this to an Idea post,will update here once this is taken up for release .
Thank you, Abhishek!

One clarifying question:

Since our NPS AO is already published, I wouldn't be able to update it with a Slack step. Therefore, it sounds like I would have a Bionic Query running hourly on a separate AO whose entire purpose is to push responses to Slack? (It would need to be Bionic in order to pull in those other survey questions, which actually even come from separate surveys, since we have different surveys for different customer segments.)
Hi,

Yes. That is the way to go ahead for consolidating across advanced outreaches and posting to slack.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Figured out how to make the Email-to-Slack function work! Just posted here: https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/topics/recipe-to-push-nps-responses-to-slack
@seth I'm getting a 404 on your article. Any chance you've captured the steps somewhere else?

Hi @greg_saiz

Here's Seth's post:

https://community.gainsight.com/jo-email-notifications-10/recipe-to-push-nps-responses-to-slack-1772

Also getting the same error as Greg @lila_meyer , it was working yesterday as was working through it.

Thanks,
Chris 

Also getting the same error as Greg@lila_meyer , it was working yesterday as was working through it.

Thanks,
Chris 

Hi Chris, sorry for the trouble! The error was a result of our recent migration. I updated the link above.