Send Email without Playbook

Related products: None

Two things I noticed when testing this out:

1. If your templates have tokens, you don't have the ability to add them. You can only delete them. Would be great if you had the option to add.

2. It would be great if there was a way to specify which templates you wanted to be available instead of it just being all of them.

+ 1 for hiding or restricting access to certain templates

Or folders?

Yep. The inability to restrict access to templates is precisely why we are not enabling this feature until it's restricted. We do not want our end users selecting templates other than ones we have specifically designed for them to use.

I actually just tried this out in my QA environment, and it wasn't simple FOR ME to delete all the copy, images, tokens, etc from a pre-formatted template, so I can imagine how our end users will fare, and we could end up with emails that inadvertently include text, images, etc that were not successfully removed. Not a great customer experience.

Also, I'm not sure how tokens would even be used here because it's not like it's pulling info from a batch, therefore I'd want to restrict them to templates that have no tokens in them.

Hi Heather,

Thanks for posting!

1) We are working on Edit default token funtionality which will be available by July.

2) Can you please provide use case for this request?

One solution could be naming the templates for adhoc email accordingly which can be used identify such templates Like prefix with 'adhoc_' etc. Some of the users might want a complete list of Templates which with a few chnage they would be able to use in adhoc email.

Thanks!

@piyushmadhukar #2 - the use case is that it should not be up to the end users to determine to what templates they need access. Operations and Marketing should have control over what templates are available. Your proposed "solution" is not a solution. It will be confusion for end users because too many templates to choose from and as I stated in my comment above, they could select the wrong template, or a template that has heavy graphics in it and fail to or have trouble clearing out all the content to send their message. End users are not marketing gurus nor are they necessarily technically savvy. We need to provide them with very specific content and tools to use.

Our marketing team has told us not to enable this "email from cockpit" feature until Gainsight allows restriction of templates.

Here is another post requesting the same thing: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/denote-which-email-templates-are-accessible-to-send-via-cockpit-5cdd76c2e4b094bd2ceda328

Love these suggestions!! We haven't rolled it out yet due to these issues.

Hi,

Thank you for all suggestions.

Showing all email templates is certainly a confusing part to CSM's for choosing a right template. Engineering team will look further on this and get back soon to you with the best feasable solution.

​However, The idea behind providing the Adhoc email is to avoid the steps invovled to a CSM to send a communication to the end users.

Currently if you notice the workflow, Template has to be mapped to a playbook as a task and apply it to a CTA as a task and then CSM is able to send an email.

Also since Playbook have multiple tasks, CSM has no way other instead applying playbook to a CTA, delete all unneccessary tasks if the purpose is only to deal with email template.

To avoid/ reduce this process & multiple steps involved, We came with a mechanism to allow CSM to send an email directly via adhoc email feature (with out playbook route which involved multiple steps).

Thank you,

@krishna_sekhar I can definitely see the benefits in it. We'll just need to do some clean up/re-naming of our templates to make it easier for the CSMs to find the ones they want to use until there's a better solution. I appreciate the response!

Looks like Default Mapping on the Email Template is available, which addresses Number 1

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for inputs!

This is to let you know that we are working on providing a way to restrict the availability of the templates in Adhoc email. I'll update here the ETA of this enhacement soon.

@piyushmadhukar any update on this? We’d really like to move away from Salesforce templates (which can be completely restricted) and keep all communications within Gainsight but cannot do so without having controls over the template access. 

@kelly

Today we restrict email templates based on the user permission. I want to understand what all different level restrictions you are looking for?

That is all template access, not individual template access for use in email assist which is what this thread is about.

@kelly Now user can send email without playbook at CTA level [ called adhoc email, https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/04Cockpit_and_Playbooks/02User_Guides/01Send_Email_Tasks_from_Cockpit#Send_Ad-Hoc_Emails_from_Cockpit] in which all templates will be  listed. We have roadmap item to make this list of templates more consumable.