Send Email Templates from Timeline

Related products: None

I know you can email timeline entries, and that you can send an email from cockpit, but our CSMs want to be able to send an email template from timeline. Many of the templates we make available to send from cockpit don’t warrant the creation of a CTA but is something they’d likely send based on a timeline entry. 

CSMs are more likely to adopt sending email templates if it was possible from timeline.

Have you checked out the Chrome Plugin for Gmail? It’s not Timeline but allows for using templates directly from Gmail:

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Email_Assist/Chrome_Plug-in/Gainsight_Assist_Chrome_Plug-in_User_Guide

We aren’t gmail clients

Hello @kelly 

Do you use outlook? we will be releasing add-in for outlook soon.

Yes, we use Outlook.

Agree with Kelly.   Would be great to have the process be similar to sending via the plug-in, but available if they are in Gainsight already.  So, they wouldn’t have to leave the system to have a quick step to send an email.

Agree with Kelly.   Would be great to have the process be similar to sending via the plug-in, but available if they are in Gainsight already.  So, they wouldn’t have to leave the system to have a quick step to send an email.

^This. I’m not at the company I was when I posted this and am at a Gmail company, but the request remains. To Heather’s point, if a CSM is already in GS, they shouldn’t have to navigate away to complete their task.

It would be great if there was an Email task type, rather than have to create a CTA and then send an email from that CTA, that then requires the task be closed.

Hello @kelly 
This use case will be addressed by email from anywhere feature, which will allow you to send mail from any module in Gainsight without having to create CTA.

+1 to this, it’s really time consuming for our CSMs to send email via a CTA! 

@chethana any update on when this will be releases?