Send a sample email from the template?

Related products: None

Is there a way to send a preview distribution from the template? Right now, I create/modify the template and go to my test outreach and send myself a preview from there. Is there a way to send it from the template editor?
Elizabeth, that would be a really cool feature!

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible.

Since a lot of templates often times require tokens to be mapped I assume that is why it was designed to only be done in the outreach section.The outreach section is what joins the power list(which have the tokens) and template together.

I definitely think it would be great to add this but I am not sure on the feasibility of this from the product side of things.

-Alex
Elizabeth - Alex's point is precise.

Is it good enough if you receive a sample without the tokens, survey or report in that email?
Yes - I do a lot of HTML formatting and I need a way to test and refine that without having to leave the template and go out into the Outreach to send a sample. We don't use surveys or reports right now and the token could be a last test if I could preview/test more effectively from the template.

Elizabeth

+1 on this feature request! I'm trying to set up a Follow-Up Outreach, and of course no one is on its Power List yet, because the original Outreach hasn't been sent, so I'm prohibited from testing the email.
If it helps, I have a 'Test' power list and outreach that I use for this. The Power List just has a dummy contact with my email address and I pull up the template in a test outreach and send myself a preview. It takes several steps, but at least I can get a sample.

I hope that helps,

Elizabeth

Thanks Elizabeth 🙂 I took the first steps towards that earlier today, but then realized I didn't want to map all the tokens in the Outreach to the testing Power List, and then remap them all when switching the Outreach back to the real Power List.
Seconding this!!

I think that using the "Default" token would be 100% okay for testing, and this is what many other email campaign/outreach providers do. This definitely would work just for testing templates without surveys or reports.

Making a minor HTML change in the template, saving, navigating to the Outreach, selecting Preview, selecting Test, and then waiting for the test to arrive in my inbox is extremely time consuming.

The root cause really is that emails display and behave one way in the Gainsight previews but a different way in actual inboxes, making testing of small HTML changes very critical prior to running the outreach.