Select All fields in Rules

Related products: None

I would love to have the option to  select all fields from a prior step in Rules engine. Our rules are often more than 10 steps and pull multiple fields from the prior step. Instead of clicking so many times to add each field in every consecutive step, it would be nice to just ‘select all’ in one click. 

Best,

Jasmina

Love this idea! Creating rules and reselecting all the fields can take up a lot of time. Especially if you have to build a lot of them. 

YES! That drag and drop of every single field is crazy annoying. Similar functionality as the Merge task would be awesome. 

Yes, definitely it was a nice idea. I guess there is a post already existed related to this. But didn’t find that. That was mostly like asking a Clone option for the Rule Tasks.

Thanks.

Hi All,

We have plans to improve the field selection experience in Rules Engine overall.  

How does Command or Control click, select multiple fields and  drag and drop a group sound?

Hi - I’m happy this was considered for improvement.  I like the idea of multi-select as long there is an option to ‘check all’ within the selection panel. I would like for the solution to avoid having to click  each item in order to select it. The fewer the clicks, the better! Also curious about the group dragging - what would the group be based on?

Hi - I’m happy this was considered for improvement.  I like the idea of multi-select as long there is an option to ‘check all’ within the selection panel. I would like for the solution to avoid having to click  each item in order to select it. The fewer the clicks, the better! Also curious about the group dragging - what would the group be based on?

I meant drag those selected fields as a group

I meant drag those selected fields as a group

@jivanova did you get a chance to view comments posted here by @rakesh 

Hi - I think dragging a group of fields would work, as long it minimizes the number of clicks. I imagine a dropdown like list where at the top you have ‘select all’ - just like when you pivot in excel and then uncheck for fields you do not need. If I have to select all fields to be placed in a group for dragging, then that is not really saving me any extra clicks. I hope this makes sense, but happy to continue iterating.

Will consider these inputs!