Section Headers in Dashboards

Related products: None

It would be useful to have the ability to configure sections within a dashboard that you can use as sort of "page breaks" to split up components of a dashboard. Each section would have a header. For example, I am using a dashboard to show metrics around different parts of an onboarding process and I would like to split it into different sections based on what part of the process the metrics are pointing to. 1) Surveys Sent To Onboarding Project Owner, 2) CSM Assignment CTA's and 3) Sentiment of New Accounts

Love

+1 to this!

I love this idea as well. I think it can make the user experience better as it would make the dashboards look cleaner and more professional or easier to navigate for CSMs.

+1

Adding the option to format each section to have a different color background would be useful for differentiating each segment too.
Hi Kate,

Thanks for posting! Agree that having section headers would help in arranging the reports better. I was thinking that instead of Section Header, a customizable text widget would be much more beneficial and flexible. For example, you can describe a report leveraging a text widget. How does this idea sound?

It sounds okay. Do you mean something like this example below? I've highlighted what I consider to be section headers/text widgets in pink:

Taking it a step further, though, being able to have clear sections (with different colored backgrounds or even simply thin borders) that you could expand/collapse 🙂 would help the end-user navigate the dashboard.

Can't like this idea enough!!

This would be very helpful to guide our team to use the right filters as well, or provide more context into the dashboard. For example, in some cases we need to have the user “role” as the filter and we want to remind our managers that for their team, the filter they want to enter is “Enterprise Customer Success - East”. Thanks!

Hi All,

Really like this idea and want to update that we are considering this for the reporting redesign that we planned in near term

Yes! This would help me to consolidate dashboards to ensure the information is explained properly and create a better UX for my team.

Just adding my experience to this as well.  Often times CSMs have a lot of data to parse through on different reports.  Would be so useful to be able to label sections/headers with data that actionable vs. awareness data.   Would also love more flexibility with color coding backgrounds charts, etc. 

To add onto this - if you cover multiple teams with similar dashboarding requirements but who each view different dashboards, could there be dashboard layouts/themes? This would help with branding and dashboard consistency without increasing deployment time.

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC & NXT versions. Horizon Analytics has new capabilities such as responsive charts and dashboards, flexible dashboards with more widgets (Image, Web Page, Rich Text), etc. 

Following are the major advantages of Horizon Analytics:

• New and improved User Interface based on the Gainsight Horizon Design System.

• Easy access to a list of Reports and Dashboards.

• Easy to share your Report and Dashboard through PPT or Link.

• Ability to retrieve the deleted Reports or Dashboards from the Trash folder.

• Easy to enable/disable the Report data downloads (including external links)

• Easy to enable/disable the lazy loading of Report Widgets.

• Easy to select the Color Palette, either Gainsight Defaults or Custom Colors.

• Simplified drag and drop capability for adding fields to the Report.

Thanks for posting!