Scorecard Timeline: Create an Activity Type that is only selectable on Scorecard

Related products: None

Now that we have Timeline in Scorecard, would be great if I could have a timeline activity type that would only show in the Scorecard view.

Use Case: I have specific details I want end users to capture when tracking subjective sentiment, so I want to create fields on a custom Activity Type to be ONLY used when manually updating the Scorecard.

I have to activate that custom type at the Account level for it to show up as an option in Scorecard - but that results in it also being available on the Account Timeline - I don’t want end users to capture the details there, because then it’s not tied to a score measure.

@darkknight I agree with you. We are struggling with having to roll out the scorecard timeline feature because the activity type meant for scorecard is global and confusing. It leads the users to potentially write a scorecard update in the timeline and other updates within scorecard. Admins do not have the ability to restrict the type to be limited in scorecards only.  I cannot even turn off this feature! I hope there is some sort of permissions that allows to restrict and isolate the types between scorecard activity logs vs the global timeline and CTA timelines.

@darkknight @aparimala 

In the near future, we will also give users the ability to update measure scores as part of an account timeline activity as well. There are 2 typical use-cases for this:

1. During an EBR, CSMs could be expected to do a status check and update certain measures - esp. ones around sentiment.
  1. They had a call with a customer and wanted to update certain measures, while capturing more details about the call.

This is one of the reasons we thought that measures types specific to scorecard might not be ideal.

Any thoughts on this?

++@nitisha_rathi 

Regards,

Shantan

@shantan_reddy updating measure scores from within a timeline is different from adding a timeline entry update for scorecard comment history. If we are adding an activity timeline in scorecard comments - we currently do not have a way to limit the type that can be selected OR not show it in the global timeline.

@aparimala Understood. We will definitely look into this. Expect this enhancement sometime in the next 3 months.

+++1 to this request. More and more customers are asking for it.

@aparimala @darkknight We are working on this, and your inputs will be very valuable.Would you be willing to jump on a quick call to jump on this?  If so, please let me know a time that works for you. I am based in India.

Regards,

Shantan

I’d love to see a functionality like that for CTAs too.

@nitisha_rathi @aditya_marla 

We have added this to our backlog, and we will provide this in the future.

@shantan_reddy any update on this? 

+1 to have this from CTAs

@obarrette I t will be available in early November. We are providing the option to select the default activity type for scorecard activities. Users could potentially still choose it from global timeline.

It’s been a minute on this one, but this wasn’t the ask.

@obarrette I t will be available in early November. We are providing the option to select the default activity type for scorecard activities. Users could potentially still choose it from global timeline.

@shantan_reddy There needs to be the ability to create a “scorecard-only” Timeline type so that people can only access it through the Scorecard. 

Given that there are so many places to get to Timeline, it gets confusing for CSMs and inevitably folks log the update through Company or Global Timeline when it was supposed to have been logged through Scorecard.

If you allow for an Activity type that is ONLY available in Scorecard, then that is the ONLY place they can go to log it. It’s that simple.

Taking this a step farther, admins should have the ability to decide which Timeline activities are accessible from the each respective Timeline. There may be activities that ONLY need to be logged at the Company level and not through Scorecard, CTA or Success Plan.  And vice versa.

Everything we do in CS is and should be driven by the core tenet of taking the right action at the right time.  The tool should provide capabilities that allow us to configure it accordingly.

@ChiragJ putting this item on your radar.

Everything we do in CS is and should be driven by the core tenet of taking the right action at the right time.  The tool should provide capabilities that allow us to configure it accordingly.

Right action, right time, right place