Rules to update owner of CTAs

Related products: None

It would be great to be able to create a rule to update the owner of a CTA. I can manually do this with CTA mass editor, so I feel like I should also be able to do this via an automatic rule.

Examples:

• CSM changes and the rule will update the owner to the new CSM
  • When the CTA fired, it was assigned to the default owner. At a later point a CSM is assigned to the account. The rule would update to the CSM now on the account

Wondering if anyone has any advice on a work around to automate? 

Hi @andreammelde @cellis :

Thanks for sharing this use-case. It is there on our roadmap to enhance rules to allow updating of CTA owners. For now the only way is to do it manually via the mass edit tool. I will keep you posted as and when we make any progress on this feature

Is this still on the roadmap? It would be a huge time saver if we could just set up a rule to automatically reassign CTAs to the new CSM instead of having to use the mass edit tool. 

@aditya_marla we’re going through a ton of account transitions and this has been the biggest outstanding pain point. Any word on timeline here?

Is there an update on this? @sai_ram any thoughts? Or can we do this now and I missed the memo?

This is a high priority item for our org, is there an update?

All, this is something we want to definitely do as a part of our CTA rules enhancement as this problem completely makes sense and is worthy of solving. Given our current roadmap, we would ideally be picking it up in the medium term (Q3-Q4 timeframe). Thank you.

Let’s definitely do this. This would be great. We also currently have a manual process to utilize the Mass Edit, but that means users may go days without seeing CTAs that should be assigned to them.

We also have a use case where CTAs are assigned at the relationship level.  Mass Edit (at least on SFDC Edition) doesn’t allow you to filter on the Relationship Object, so Mass Edit option doesn’t work for us.  Only work around is an SFDC update via Workbench.

We also have a use case where CTAs are assigned at the relationship level.  Mass Edit (at least on SFDC Edition) doesn’t allow you to filter on the Relationship Object, so Mass Edit option doesn’t work for us.  Only work around is an SFDC update via Workbench.

You should be able to using the Entity Type field to identify Relationships

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Cockpit_and_Playbooks/Admin_Guides/06_Mass_Edit_CTAs_and_Tasks

In filters: Select one Entity Type, one Relationship Type (for Relationship entity), and do not select CTA Type:
Status, Priority, and Reason actions will be active. Global CTA elements specific to entity type are available to make mass changes.
Reassign Ownership and Delete actions will be active to make mass changes.

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Cockpit_and_Playbooks/Admin_Guides/06_Mass_Edit_CTAs_and_Tasks

In filters: Select one Entity Type, one Relationship Type (for Relationship entity), and do not select CTA Type:
Status, Priority, and Reason actions will be active. Global CTA elements specific to entity type are available to make mass changes.
Reassign Ownership and Delete actions will be active to make mass changes.

Thanks Anthony.  I will try that out.  Still doesn’t solve the root problem of simply being able to create logic to do this via rules engine to update the owner, but nice to have more options.

Under ConsiderationIN DEVELOPMENT

Hi @mpatra 

I'm looking to mass update the CTA owners to new CSM's for the 500 accounts which are present in my custom object/csv. Mass edit can't be used because we don't have criteria for those accounts to get it filtered.

Can you please let me know if 6.35 release has this functionality using rules engine? In the meantime, can you please confirm if we can achieve with external API and how?

best,

Hardik

Hi team,

For the above thread, we have enabled “Update CTA Action” in the new Horizon Rules. Please check out the new flow and let me know if that meets all of your requirements.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi team,

For the above thread, we have enabled “Update CTA Action” in the new Horizon Rules. Please check out the new flow and let me know if that meets all of your requirements.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi Monica - Confirming this is working well! We were able to implement a rule to automatically re-assign CTAs using the new Horizon rules Update CTA action, and it will save us a lot of time. Now, when accounts get re-assigned, we can automatically re-assign the associated CTAs, apart from Objective type CTAs (which are not included in the action options currently).

Is it possible to bring the dynamic user reassignment capabilities within the Update CTA action to the Update Plans action, and also have the option to cascade the ownership change to Objectives and Tasks the way it is available in Mass Edit? This will allow us to automate the reassignment of Success Plans along with CTAs, and again save us time spent with mass edits.

For example, within the ‘Update CTA’ action, I can set the new owner of the CTA as the current account owner. But I cannot do this within the ‘Update Success Plans’ action. Unless I’m missing something?

Hi @JoelE ,

We will be bringing the dynamic assignment capability to Success Plan soon.

I will keep this thread updated with the ETAs.

Thanks,

Monica

Hi @JoelE ,

We will be bringing the dynamic assignment capability to Success Plan soon.

I will keep this thread updated with the ETAs.

Thanks,

Monica

That’s great to hear! Please let us know which release you are targeting. Also, let us know if there’s any help we can provide as far as testing in sandbox.

@sdrostgainsightcom - This is the thread I mentioned today during the office hours re: Success Plan assignment.

Hi,

The dynamic user reassignment capabilities has been introduced in the Update Success Plan action. I am closing this request. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,

Monica Patra

IN DEVELOPMENTImplemented