Response from Customer

Rules Engine: Tokenized Dates should display as stored in the system

• 29 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I am storing date data in an MDA table in MM/DD/YYYY format, but when I use that field as a token in a CTA, it’s displaying as YYYY/MM/DD.  It should display the way it is stored in the system.

H
​​​​​​How it is captured in the system
How it displays in the CTA

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I am storing date data in an MDA table in MM/DD/YYYY format, but when I use that field as a token in a CTA, it’s displaying as YYYY/MM/DD.  It should display the way it is stored in the system.

H
​​​​​​How it is captured in the system
How it displays in the CTA

+1.

And not only that format change.
Found the differences between showing the date in Rule preview mode vs Report.

The data stored in MM/DD/YYYY format but when we preview the data in Rule Fetch it is displayed as MM-DD-YYYY.

Screenshot from Report Builder

Screenshot from Rule Preview:

Thanks.

Userlevel 7

@darkknight  what is your user locale? How does the date appear when you view it in a report?   
cc: ​​​​@sriram pasupathi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@rakesh I was at a different company when I logged this request, so I do not know what the locale was - but I still think it is a valuable ask.  The screenshot above shows how the date was rendering in a report….like MM/D/YYYY

Userlevel 6

@darkknight Since the date is tokenized and converted to a text, it cannot be dynamically changed as per the user locale. The report builder respects the user locale. That’s why there is a discrepancy. So, even if we take the rule creator’s user locale during tokenization, you might still have a discrepancy if there is a mismatch between your locale and rule creator’s locale.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@darkknight Since the date is tokenized and converted to a text, it cannot be dynamically changed as per the user locale. The report builder respects the user locale. That’s why there is a discrepancy. So, even if we take the rule creator’s user locale during tokenization, you might still have a discrepancy if there is a mismatch between your locale and rule creator’s locale.

@darkknight did you get a chance to view the comments here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@sai_ram  @sriram pasupathi I don’t understand.  In the example I cited (which was at a previous company so I don’t have access to it today) the data was stored in MDA in the format MM/DD/YYYY.  The rule / tokenization changed the format to YYYY/MM/DD.  

That should have nothing to do with the user locale.  The Tokenization process should respect the value and format of the source field.