Rules Engine: Add "Month Name" to Transformation Date Formulas

Related products: None

I’ve found a use case to need to include the Month name as a token.  It would be great if we could have a “Month Name” as a date formula to derive the name of the month from a date.

I tried doing a case expression, but since it doesn’t give a “Starts With” option, I am not able to derive the month from a date and convert it to text.

+1 on this 

Would also be beneficial to have an out of the box “current date”, “Current Month” field to tokenize. If I am sending usage reports I would like to be able to list the relevant month in the subject.

+1 I am trying to find a way to group by fiscal quarter in rules engine since the only option currently is grouping by calendar quarter. My workaround idea was to first group by month then transform this into quarter, but running into the same issue.

It would also be helpful to have a ‘Current Year’ option in the Transformation date formulas to be able to append only the year to a CTA or Success Plan name.  I can use a case expression transformation to define the specific year in a text field but this requires maintenance of the transformation each year.   

Bumping this thread as I am currently working through a scenario where this would be very useful.  

@Cornelia anyone you can ping for an update? :)

@bradley sure thing! 

Hi All,

We are working on a unified data preparation experience across various products such as Rules/Data Designer in the medium term. Post this, we plan to enhance Data Designer with more transformation capabilities which would also flow into Rules Engine. This is one of the usecases we plan to handle for enhanced formula capabilities in our data prep. 

Hi @rakesh noticed this is still “Planned”, just trying to get an idea if this is next quarter or two or next year or beyond type of thing? 

Hi @tippetts 

We are planning delivery of this in 2 phases. In first phase we will be adding a bunch of new formulae to Data Designer. (Data type conversion, etc.) This is expected to happen in one or 2 quarters. In second phase we want to replace rules set up page with Data Designer and have a common superset of data prep capabilities. This might happen towards end of this year. 

Hi @tippetts 

We are planning delivery of this in 2 phases. In first phase we will be adding a bunch of new formulae to Data Designer. (Data type conversion, etc.) This is expected to happen in one or 2 quarters. In second phase we want to replace rules set up page with Data Designer and have a common superset of data prep capabilities. This might happen towards end of this year. 

Love the second part of this in having a common experience with DD and rules - would query builder (JO) be included in that redesign or would that be at a later time?

Is there an ETA regarding this idea?
There are some projects we are working on that will benefit a lot from this.