Rule scheduling should be more configurable (e.g. "Quarterly" or "Custom")

Related products: None

We have quarterly deliverables (due Jan 1, Apr 1, July 1, Oct 1) that we'd like to create CTA's for. Instead, we have to create either a monthly CTA or an annual CTA for each month specifying the portion of the deliverable that has been accomplished (e.g. Jan 1 CTA "Part 1"; Feb 1 CTA "Part 2"; Mar 1 CTA "Part 3"; Apr 1 CTA "Part 1"; etc.)

This seems to be awfully complicated. So in addition to having rules run daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly, we're suggesting a quarterly run or a custom run.
I agree that having a quarterly option would be handy, but in the meantime could you get around this particular problem by creating a rule that runs once a month, but looks back to last quarter's CTA and if the Created Date (or Closed Date) = Subtract 90 Days from Rule Date, it triggers the new CTA for the quarter?  Yes, you'd have the rule running for two months with out any records found, but on the third month it would pick them up and create the new CTA.

Hi Jeff, I actually was just considering this!! It's just so much easier to have a simple feature in the rule engine than go through all this trouble.
Additional time periods will be helpful, instead of having to duplicate rules or hard code dates. For example, Bi-weekly, bi-monthly, semi-yearly, every 3 days, etc.
Have we considered allowing Admins to input a Cron string to schedule rules?  The flexibility would be great.
Definitely this is on the radar, will keep you posted on the updates
We could definitely use the ability to run a rule quarterly.  My workaround is to keep bumping the next run time for the rule to the next quarter.  
being able to run a rule quarterly would help us a lot.  
Any update on this? I have a few customers who are interested in this functionality.
I want to be able to pick any frequency I want - hourly, every X number of days days, I also want to be able to set a CTA to recurring in the rule (not Cockpit). 
Post Summer release, Bionic rules can be scheduled to run with any valid Cron expression and note that the minimum granularity for the recurring executions in 2 hours.
Hi Gayathri,

Will this change also be added for custom rules?
No. This enhancement is available only for bionic rules 
Hi All, Summer Release is out now and this feature is shipped in Summer Release
Hi Jeff, thanks for this workaround.  This works but only if the CTA fires for all accounts each quarter.  My CTA looks at Q/Q utilization and so each account doesn't necessarily get a CTA fired for it and so it might get one the next month in this scenario. I'm still pulling for Quarterly scheduling of rules.