Rule Execution Logs: Option to generate for every rule run

Related products: CS Rules & Permissions

I just learned that execution files are only generated for Manually run rules and not scheduled rules - unless there is a failure.  Given the criticality of some rules, it may be helpful for the Admin to have a checkbox option to always generate a rule execution file for a given rule - this would allow them to have an audit trail of rules (especially those updating data) for their most important runs OR for a temporary period where they want to audit and validate the scheduled rule.
I agree. Lets make this thread public and get more input on this.
Great idea...in the past when trying to diagnose issues with rules, I have given myself reminders to go run a rule manually each day to get the audit report.
I agree with this, though the former system administrator in me would love to have direct access to detailed log files.
I agree. I badly need to see which accounts were modified by the rules engine. Is this currently something Gainsight is looking to include in the next release? Not sure why this option wasn't available already...
Please make this a TOP priority.  Or tell us how we can access log files so we can research issues.

I have been running into several issues where a field is set to an unexpected value - but I have NO way of going back and investigating if the rules all ran successfully. 

Inability to adequately go back and triage is a major gap in functionality - and it does not engender confidence in our end users if I am not able to go back and determine what happened.
Point taken.

Do you like the notion of two options that you get in Integrations, which looks like the following

Email success results to : rule-email@gainsight.com

Email failure results to : sundar@gainsight.com
Yes, that would work.  Would also be helpful if, in addition to having the fields to manually set these, we could also make a system-wide setting so I don't have to enter the emails over and over manually into each rule.  Include a flag on the rule that says: Use system rule results notification options?  If I check the box, use the system defaults.  If no, don't use them.  And in either case, user can still manually enter emails into the success/failure fields as well.
Hi Sundar, do you know if this is something GS is actively working on?  If so, is there an ETA?
@Johnny Are you referring to the system-wide setting I propose above, or just the ability to configure a rule to send an email both upon success OR failure?  The latter appears to already be available: 

but for efficiencies sake it sure would be nice to set this globally, one time for all rules (allowing a rule-specific override).