Rule Concatenation - add commas or spaces

Related products: None

When you concatenate in a rule right now, it makes it one long string. When combining multiple fields you often want to have a space or a comma to make it a list. It would be great to be able to add spaces or commas between the fields that get concatenated

@andreammelde I think we do support comma while concatenation. Please refer to this article for more information. 

Let me know If I got you wrong! always ready to help!

@sai_ram 

the documentation does not reference adding a comma or a space

Hi @andreammelde 

we can use any words or symbols in the Concat formula in Rule Transformations.

Below are some examples which I tried in the rule and below are the results for the same.

I created a few Formula fields in the rule Transform task using the “Concat” formula.

1. Concat using “;” semicolon
  2.  Concat using “and”
  3.  Standard Concat( without using any special characters and/or words)

Screenshots for the same:

Concat using “;” semicolon

Concat using “and”

Standard Concat

Finally the result would be like below.

Screenshot:

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

@andreammelde did above comment help you? Let us know if you need any help.

Note - you need to hit tab after the comma/ space/ semi colon in order for the next field selection to display.

Also - there is a limitation in concatenation which the spaces, commas, etc go to. I ended up having to create two concatenated fields and then join them in a second transform with another concatenate 

Hi @andreammelde 

Yes, right now in our rules if you create any Formula, and to use them we need another Transform task. Because the flow would be like, once we save the transform then only the fields will be created at backend operation and from the next transform only we can use those formula fields.

Below are my Rule screenshots for the same:

Transform 1

Transform 2:

Thanks.