Resolve drafts in Gainsight Assist

Related products: None

My CS team loves the new Company search function that pops up in Gainsight Assist to resolve emails that could be associated to multiple Companies.

It would be ideal if this functionality also popped up when Gainsight is unable to resolve the email to any Companies using the recipient email address and sends the email to Drafts. Right now, the team must then go into Gainsight, go to Global Timeline, and manually click through & resolve each email.

Extending the Company search functionality would allow the team to resolve the draft message directly in Gainsight Assist, instead of going through the extra steps in platform.

Hello @carolyndibuono, thank you for your post. Looping in our Product manager to look into this and get back to you. 

Hello @carolyndibuono 

We have enhanced the platform with this above requested capability. Tu can now search for a company/relationship when logging an email. I am attaching screenshot for the reference.

https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Email_Assist/Chrome_Plug-in/Gainsight_Assist_Chrome_Plug-in_User_Guide#Chrome_Plug-in_Updates you can find more info here.

Hi there-

The search only pops up if Gainsight recognizes the email recipient because they are in the Company Person object.

I would like the search to pop up when there are no Company Person email addresses recognized in the email. This is when Gainsight will typically log the message directly to Drafts and they have to be resolved in the platform.

Hello @carolyndibuono 
This use case will be solved. We are building complete timeline experience in chrome plugin, it’s in our next roadmap.

Hi @chethana any updates on this? Also, this post has not been implemented - is there any way we can change the status?

@chethana  checking in on this post again as this is still a huge need for our team. Can we also switch this post from the ‘Implemented’ status as this has not been implemented yet?

Hello,
Could we please get an update on this? Over a year ago @chethana mentioned this would be solved. The status is listed as Implemented, which is untrue. 

Not having this feature is preventing me from integrating Gainsight into my daily routine.

Thanks!

@anirbandutta can this be moved out of implemented? 

+1 - our teams are heavy users of the plug in as well, and would love this option.

Thank you everyone for bubbling this to the top...@arunabhat can fill in on the latest status

ImplementedAcknowledged

ImplementedAcknowledged

Updated idea statusImplementedAcknowledged

@anirbandutta Thanks, Anirban! I have updated the status to Acknowledged.

@heather_hansen @carolyndibuono @jacknach I have one use case that I need your help with for Company/Relationship search option when a person is not associated with any company:

If there are multiple people who are not in Company/Person, how would you want us to handle the search in such scenarios? I am thinking some sort of sequential display of people so they can be resolved one after another. 

Also, one update on Complete Timeline experience from within GS Assist - This is slotted for Q4 release, currently. There is one point that I wanted to highlight and get your thoughts on - CSMs will be able to edit the template in Gmail/Outlook composer after applying the template. This is the existing behavior. Are you expecting any restriction on this ability to edit the template?

Thanks,

Aruna

@arunabhat Feedback below.  Thanks for the follow up!

If there are multiple people who are not in Company/Person, how would you want us to handle the search in such scenarios? I am thinking some sort of sequential display of people so they can be resolved one after another.  → I think that makes sense. Would that mean that the ability to save the same email to multiple companies would be available based on that option?

CSMs will be able to edit the template in Gmail/Outlook composer after applying the template. This is the existing behavior. Are you expecting any restriction on this ability to edit the template? → I think that’s fine.  I could envision some sort of option in the Email Templates section that would be like a checkbox or setting that would say “Allow User Edits” or something like that?  That way if you did have a template you wanted to restrict for whatever reason, you could do so.

Thanks for your help, @arunabhat ! Very much appreciated.

If there are multiple people who are not in Company/Person, how would you want us to handle the search in such scenarios? I am thinking some sort of sequential display of people so they can be resolved one after another. 

> I think ideally for us, it would just be a search like the Global Search function in the web app. If Gainsight is unable to resolve the email to a Company, the search would pop up so I can find the right one. I’m not sure that we would want any Company/Person relationships to be created because most of the time the email addresses that cause us error are internal/collaborative emails that we don’t want associated to any one customer.

Also, one update on Complete Timeline experience from within GS Assist - This is slotted for Q4 release, currently. There is one point that I wanted to highlight and get your thoughts on - CSMs will be able to edit the template in Gmail/Outlook composer after applying the template. This is the existing behavior. Are you expecting any restriction on this ability to edit the template?

> I agree w/ Heather on this one. We don’t really have the need to restrict template edit-ability today, but I can see how having the option could be useful.

Hello,

Can we please get an update on this? Implementing this feature will solve problems I run into everyday. Here’s just one for reference - 

An email thread between me, my customer (Mark), and one of our Account Managers (Jessica). Jess is not associated with any particular account, so her emails go straight to drafts, whereas Mark’s emails are logged successfully.

I would like to get a GS Assist popup for Jess’ emails so I can log her messages to the same company as Mark immediately from Gmail. Going into Drafts to resolve these is not a scalable process and is preventing me from using Gainsight on a regular basis.

You can imagine on a long email thread like this how many drafts are logged. And there are multiple threads like this everyday.

Hello @arunabhat could we please get an update on this?

2 years later and this is still requested from my team at least once a month! We would loveeee to see this implemented to reduce the number of drafts my CSMs have to manage directly in Gainsight. The unnecessary step of having login to resolve these continues to be a blocker for efficient and accurate activity tracking for us.