Require comments on survey questions

Related products: None

I want to be able to require customers to comment on survey questions. You can check the checkbox to "allow comments" but I want to be able to allow and require.

Use case: If a customer gives a low NPS Score or CSAT score, I want to know WHY. I know that you can create a completely new question and link out, but its a cleaner UI to have the comments right below the question.
Hi Andrea,

Although this isn't an option we currently have, if we were to add it at some point, one aspect to consider is the impact on your response rates. Some folks are always going to be too busy, not focused enough or just generally reluctant to add a comment, in which case they may very well choose not to respond at all. 

I know the comments are where you find valuable and actionable information that you can address on an individual customer basis or as a company, overall, as part of your customer experience initiatives. But, it's critical to get enough responses to make your NPS or CSAT evaluation as statistically significant as possible. So, you'd want to weigh risk vs reward here. 

Tracy
Hi Tracy,

Thanks for your insight, but we haven't found that to be the case for us at all. Our response rate is the same from last quarter when we used Getfeedback and enforced comments, however, now we've just lost the rich context from our surveys.

I think you should give customers the option to take the "risk" of enforcing comments. If a CSM gets a detractor score of a 6 with no comments, I've now created more work for the CSM to go reach out the customer BLINDLY and figure out WHY... vs. reaching out with a targeted action plan to address the feedback which I would have gotten with enforced comments.
Thanks Andrea. That is good to know, and I absolutely appreciate your perspective. It would be good to have that option. I'll have to defer to our Product team to advise as to whether this under consideration for the roadmap.

Tracy
Hi Andrea, Thanks for your inputs. I am converting this to an Idea post, our PM's will prioritize on this. I will let you know here,Once this is added to our road map.