Reporting on Multi-Select Picklist Fields

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

We have 6 multi-select picklist fields we are currently using to track feature limitations that are blocking our customers from moving to the next generation of our product. These fields represent 6 main product lines and have anywhere from 3-16 feature options each. I have a few requests from our team to report on these items in the following formats...

1. A pie or bar chart showing the total number of accounts that have each feature selected

2. Report of the top 5 features across all 6 product lines

The issues I'm running into are 1. These are 6 different fields and 2. Gainsight doesn't allow us to group by or aggregate multi-select fields. The only reporting option I've been able to come up with is just adding all 6 fields in the 'show me' section of a report along with Account Name and enabling row grouping by account. The only way I see today to show a count by feature is to filter by an individual feature and create a widget for each one....which isn't really an option because there are too many to even put them all on one dashboard. Other thoughts/ideas to better report on these fields? I'm open to creating new fields/formats if needed, I just don't want to go to all that work for an experiment that may or may not give me what I need. Also, any info from Gainsight as to WHY we don't have more options to maniputale and report on multi-select fields?

This is not a step forward.

You now group by a concatenated grouping of options. 

ReleasedDiscovery