Reporting on External/Internal Attendees - Activity Timeline

Related products: None

Hi Everyone! Here I am showing a common use case about reporting on the External attendees.

More often customers would need to pull the external attendees of a particular activity for sending the feedback survey, to follow-up on next steps, to report of number of meetings held with a particular customer and so on.

All the above use cases if there are multiple external attendees for each activity, then we need them in the normalised format so that we can pull them as the participants in JO Programs or to use them in rule configuration.

But in our Activity timeline, we store all the attendees in the same field which makes them difficult to use them in other configurations.

In this document I am showing how to report on Internal and external attendees of an Activity using the Gainsight system object called Activity Attendees which as lookup for activity timeline, Company person and User.

@Jyothsna Timely post as I have a need to do this for Internal Attendees.  Huge help!!

Hi, It’s super helpful. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Everyone! Here I am showing a common use case about reporting on the External attendees.

More often customers would need to pull the external attendees of a particular activity for sending the feedback survey, to follow-up on next steps, to report of number of meetings held with a particular customer and so on.

All the above use cases if there are multiple external attendees for each activity, then we need them in the normalised format so that we can pull them as the participants in JO Programs or to use them in rule configuration.

But in our Activity timeline, we store all the attendees in the same field which makes them difficult to use them in other configurations.

In this document I am showing how to report on Internal and external attendees of an Activity using the Gainsight system object called Activity Attendees which as lookup for activity timeline, Company person and User.

@Jyothsna Thanks for posting!

I have another use case that I am unable to get to because of the text format of External Attendees. I need to be able to get to the person attributes of the external attendees so I can report on metrics like:

1. What types of roles are we engaging with most?
  2. Certain fields like are they a primary/key contact so I can timestamp the last time we interacted with a key contact(s).

Is there a plan to move this out of a text field?

@kytpowell Thanks for posting! We can get attendee information if we use ‘Activity Attendee’ as our base object instead. The only scenario where this object would not have any data is if an activity is logged without external or internal attendees (such as an Update).