Implemented

Report on Timeline Comments?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m trying to determine if my CSMs are leveraging the Comment function in Timeline.  I don’t see a way to pull comments into an Activity Timeline report.  Is this possible?

Timeline entry with comments

Activity Timeline report grouped by Subject

roja_kode 3 months ago

You can create report on all types of activity. Activity Comments object has a lookup to activity timeline object, so it gives you all options to see comments belongs to which activity/account, etc.

View original

32 replies

Userlevel 7

This is on our short term roadmap and should be available in next 3-4 months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@nitisha_rathi is this on the roadmap at all?

Userlevel 6

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.18 release (SFDC / NXT). With this release, admins can report on timeline comment data by selecting the Activity Comments object as their data source. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

Userlevel 6
Badge

That’s super. Thanks, team.

Userlevel 4

Hi @darkknight and others!  You may have already seen, but just in case, I wanted to quickly note that we released the ability to report on Timeline comments in our October 2020 release. Here’s a direct link to the description from that release:

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Release_Notes/2020/05_Gainsight_NXT_Release_Notes_6.18_October_2020#Ability_to_Report_on_Timeline_Comments

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi. First of all thanks for giving an option to create reports on Timeline Comments.

Just want to know, if we create a report it will show all types of Activity Type Comments or only specific to any Activity Type comments.

Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge

You can create report on all types of activity. Activity Comments object has a lookup to activity timeline object, so it gives you all options to see comments belongs to which activity/account, etc.