Report on Timeline Comments?

Related products: CS Timeline

I’m trying to determine if my CSMs are leveraging the Comment function in Timeline.  I don’t see a way to pull comments into an Activity Timeline report.  Is this possible?

Timeline entry with comments

Activity Timeline report grouped by Subject

This is on our short term roadmap and should be available in next 3-4 months.

@nitisha_rathi is this on the roadmap at all?

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.18 release (SFDC / NXT). With this release, admins can report on timeline comment data by selecting the Activity Comments object as their data source. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

That’s super. Thanks, team.

Hi @darkknight and others!  You may have already seen, but just in case, I wanted to quickly note that we released the ability to report on Timeline comments in our October 2020 release. Here’s a direct link to the description from that release:

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Release_Notes/2020/05_Gainsight_NXT_Release_Notes_6.18_October_2020#Ability_to_Report_on_Timeline_Comments

Hi. First of all thanks for giving an option to create reports on Timeline Comments.

Just want to know, if we create a report it will show all types of Activity Type Comments or only specific to any Activity Type comments.

Thanks.

You can create report on all types of activity. Activity Comments object has a lookup to activity timeline object, so it gives you all options to see comments belongs to which activity/account, etc.