Email Assist > Timeline > SFDC Activity History

Related products: None

We currently leverage the automatically track email assist emails in timeline functionality from CTAs. Any emails that are sent are brought over into timeline. This is great!

I currently have 'Email' Activity Type available and auto synced to SFDC: 

I found it unintuitive that these Emails are not captured as activity type 'Email', and as such they are not sync'd to SFDC. 

Options -- 

- Since 'Email' is a default option - map emails logged in timeline via a CTA Email Assist action to that activity type. That way GS customers can toggle on and off the option to push these to SFDC.

- Add a default CTA Email Assist activity type to allow for the same level of off/on control.

**We do not want to sync the Playbook task to SFDC, but instead the actual email sent.

**I've found a few posts that relate to this, but couldn't find the exact workflow 
Hi Nora,

The emails logged in timeline via CTA Email Assist are posted as "Email" type of activity only. Which activity type is it using for you? If it is not using email activity type then please log a support ticket.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Nitisha -- I did log a ticket which then directed me here. Request #30109

Mind taking a look to see if I should reopen it?
I will check the ticket and update you.
Hi Nora,

I understood the context. We sync email assist emails from cockpit and not from timeline to avoid duplication of data (data synced is same in both cases).

Any particular reason why you don't want to sync it via cockpit?

Thanks,

Nitisha
Thanks Nitisha. That is great to see that the email copy sync over when an email assist playbook task is completed. 

A few sticking points:

-- We only want to auto-sync emails that are sent, not every email assist task (keep the activity history as tidy as possible, reduce amount of noise).

-- When an email assist task is not completed, the task name is what is sync'd over. This make sense from a design perspective (don't bring over data re: an email that hasn't been sent), but syncing over an uncompleted tasks that closes out when the CTAs if closed out, supports my first bullet re: keeping a clean space.

-- To address the above two bullets, I could have the team manually select the tasks they want to sync, but I do not want to make syncing a multistep activity for our CSMs/Advisors (too prone to human error).

Can you speak a bit more to why the Email Assist logs and Email type activity to Timeline, but the email activity is not picked up by the auto-sync Email Activities on Timeline to SFDC configuration? I understand wanting to avoid duplicate data, but it would be great to have flexibility on how this is all configured. 

Ultimate state: 

-- Everything on timeline will be sync'd to the activity history.

-- Not everything in cockpit will be sycn'd to the activity history. By default, everything is off.

-- All sent emails via the email assist tool will be sync'd to timeline and therefore activity history.
Hey Nitisha -- any update re: a response? Happy to hop on a call to walk through it together.
Hi Nora,

Apologies for the delay, somehow missed this post. 

I agree with you. Instead of syncing email tasks from cockpit (which may result in syncing of incomplete tasks too), we should sync the actual emails from timeline. I am discussing this with the team and we will try to improve this behavior soon.

Thanks,

Nitisha
I want to +1 everything Nora has explained.  We are having the exact same "but why?" conversation with support and was sent here.  I tried to explain that syncing a task to SF is completely different than syncing the email to SF.  The task is "Send this email" whereas the email itself is an activity that we want logged with all our other emails and activities.  It doesn't make sense that I can see all my emails in Timeline, but then it's not a one for one when I go over to Salesforce and combine those activities with the other logs in Salesforce.  I lose emails.