Report on "stale" scorecard measures

Related products: None

Some of our scorecard measures (the ones that folks populate manually) have a validity period set, and if the measure is past it's validity period, an alarm clock icon shows on the measure. This icon only shows on the C360 view of the scorecard, but isn't available in a Dashboard view or in a Gainsight Report, as far as I can tell.

It would be great to be able to show which measures are "stale" so that our users could quickly and easily find which measures they need to update, and create some reports around this. I think all you'll need is a formula field on the Scorecard Fact object that compares the Score Last Modified Date field to the Validity Period field on the Scorecard Metric object.
Great idea, Jeremy!  I'd like to see "stale" scores on my dashboard too.
This is a great idea. I've asked that there somehow be a prompt for users on the Cockpit. A message at the top that when clicked on, takes you to a scorecard of all customers that require an update to the manual component of the score.
Any news or updates on this; or any other ideas on how to easily find and report stale health scores? This is a fairly significant tracking issue for our CS org.
If you could create a formula field on the Scorecard Fact object of the type checkbox and use the following formula, then you will be able to create a report on Scorecard fact object to filter by this field and get all the metrics on accounts that are stale.

IF (   

AND (

JBCXM__MetricId__r.JBCXM__IsActive__c,

NOT(JBCXM__MetricID__r.JBCXM__IsGroup__c)

),

IF (

JBCXM__MetricId__r.JBCXM__ValidityPeriod__c != 0,

IF(

(TODAY() - DATEVALUE(JBCXM__LastScoreModifiedDate__c)) > 

JBCXM__MetricId__r.JBCXM__ValidityPeriod__c*7,

True, 

False

), 

False

), 

false

)
Thanks for the suggestion, Sidhu!!  I think this will be very helpful for some of our customers.  But I do have some other customers that have limitations in Salesforce tht prevent this from being an option.  So it would be helpful if we had stale score reporting out-of-the-box in Gainsight.  Could you please keep open as a production suggestion?  Thanks again!
Agreed. I don't think this option will work for us, assuming I could even get dev resources to do the implementation. Since Stale Health Scores are such a visible component of the health score metrics, being able to report on them and allow both CSM's and their managers to have visibility seems like a fairly important reporting/dashboard option.
A custom field does also not work for our implementation, having this native in Gainsight is a definite must and a value add to how we can manage accounts.
We are now about 4 months into rollout and this is becoming more and more of an issue. We can't get the Salesforce changes made anytime soon; and meanwhile there is just no way to track and manage the currency of health scores.
All,

We are working on a major upgrade to scorecards and will definitely consider this feature request. Stay tuned for further updates.

Thanks,

Sumesh  
Our team is considering generating a CTA when the manual Account Assessment has gone stale. Two questions -

Is that a good idea, or will it clutter up CTAs? Seems to me the Reps should review the score when they are taking other actions on the Account.

Any update on being able to report on stale measures?
Just my personal opinion, but I think reporting/dashboard review of stale assessments would be preferable over another CTA. Can't wait for the ability to report on stale health scores! 🙂
We were able to great a report that pulls the "Last Modified Date" for a specific metric. This helps our team tell if there are accounts that are being over looked. 

Would using "Last Modified Date" work to get the report you need?
Yes, our admin built a SF report using that field that looks like it might do the trick (SF allows grouping by CSM and account). Still would love to see something "out of the box" to make it easier and more integrated for the CSM's of course 🙂
Any updates on this?  I have built reporting on the scorecard fact object (as Lane H. suggested) to help surface outdated scores.  We are also adding the formula field (as Sidhu suggested) so we can see expired scores as a percentage of all scores.  Both are steps in the right direction, but I feel strongly that making score status visible on scorecards is the only way to really solve for this.  Perhaps it could be optional on scorecard view (like how we can show/hide comments and goals).
We have been using the Last Modified Date for a while - seems to work ok for us.
We have stayed away from CTAs.   For the stale data, we provide a DQ type report/dashboard for the Directors to use when they are doing 1-1.   We also have a MY Customer (dashboard) for the CSMs and we have added a stale report for their portfolio within that Dashboard.   The Directors use the My Customer dashboard when doing 1-1s and promote the idea of keeping the subjective measures updated more frequently.

hth - twix
Hi Sean,

We are adding that capability in Scorecards 2.0. As of August release , for relationship scorecards , when you configure mass edit view report, you can see the stale scores. The exclamation mark as you see as part of the scorecard will be the indicator for stale scores. The same functionality will be available for Scorecards 2.0 for Accounts when we release this(October expected tentative).

Thanks

Abhishek S
Has this been released? You mentioned October but I don't see the exclamation mark in our reports for the Account Scorecard. 
What is the status on this? I've created my own 'stale score' report in our team dashboard showing the number and type of measures that are old but how should I instruct my CSMs to easily update these scores? It would be great for the scorecard dashboard view to show stale scores so they can be easily updated in one place. 
I'm also curious to hear the status of this.  

My bandaid fix: I've added a 2 components to the bottom of our CSM scorecards: 1 that shows all out of date scores by account so they can at least scroll to the bottom of the scorecard view and see which accounts need updates.  The other is a pie that shows what percentage of their scores are out of date.  It's better than nothing but still kind of clumsy.  I used a checkbox to indicate when stales are score and the True = Fresh; False = Stale thing confuses some users.

Is there any update on this?

@gunjanm We are revamping the mass edit report, and you can filter for stale scores in the report. 

This feature will be available as part of horizon Analytics, which will be rolled out in a phased manner starting next month.

Regards,

Shantan

@shantan_reddy does that mean that datapoint will be available in the MDA somewhere to use as a CTA trigger?

@gunjanm  Unfortunately it is currently not possible to use this in rules, since the join operation is not straightforward. The computation happens real-time. We will enhance our data model to make it accessible in the future.

This would still be cool